So Much Self Control.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Repeat after me........

"I'm a very silly boy!"

Crankarm

Guru
It is on paper. About a year ago I went to see the guy who runs Milk Bikes. The bike seemed impressive from what bits he had of it at the time. Unfortunately he didn't have any completed bikes at the time and no frames in my size. I left it that he would call/contact me when he did, but he never did. So I can only assume that since I met with him he is making an obscene amount of money and doesn't need my business.

It is on paper. About a year ago I went to see the guy who runs Milk Bikes. The bike seemed impressive from what bits he had of it at the time. Unfortunately he didn't have any completed bikes at the time and no frames in my size. I left it that he would call/contact me when he did, but he never did. So I can only assume that since I met with him he is making an obscene amount of money and doesn't need my business.
If that's the case it's a sad day my friend...would always like to think that a builder of frames does so for the love of the art and the joy it brings to the person who buys it. Am I being too sentimental or just naive???

Chris S

Legendary Member
RE: "We design and make ultra-low maintenance bikes; the first production bike is called the RDA and is designed specifically around commuting, winter training and light touring."

Never by the first production bike. Wait until the model has been around for a year or two and all the faults have been ironed out.

OP
OP
Diggs

Diggs

Veteran
Taking the above into consideration, seeing the Brooks, the belt drive, the hub gears, I was intrigued.It looked like a great bike for the money and could have swung my commuting decision for the next year. And as much as Mrs D thinks I enjoy it, it's not fantastic spending as much time cleaning a bike as riding it. I have a feeling i'll just put this one down to what might have been, in the same way I did in my "Mrs Robinson" moment when the mum of a girl from my school came on to me*

*And that is another story.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
*And that is another story.[/quote]
And you being an Essex boy ! :wub: will never tell

Crankarm

Guru
RE: "We design and make ultra-low maintenance bikes; the first production bike is called the RDA and is designed specifically around commuting, winter training and light touring."

Never by the first production bike. Wait until the model has been around for a year or two and all the faults have been ironed out.

They have been going for several years.

Crankarm

Guru
If that's the case it's a sad day my friend...would always like to think that a builder of frames does so for the love of the art and the joy it brings to the person who buys it. Am I being too sentimental or just naive???

Yep. The frames are made in the Far East. The frame makers could of course be true artisans which I think you are alluding to if they were made in the UK by a guy in a small wokshop in Lancashire.

Top Bottom