So Near and Yet so Far

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
His exact words were that councils can only build what people want, and when there are more cyclists wanting better cycling infrastructure they'll be duty bound to build that. At the moment his council are building the streets that the taxpayers are demanding.
I noticed the other day (b4 lockdown), on the road into Tonbridge, that they had made a safe cycling path by planting rubber "sharkfin" thingy's to stop motorists from straying too near the curb.
All very well, but I also noticed a huge amount of debris collecting in the cycle lane, which would make me want to avoid the cycling lane. |Fortunately I don't cycle that way.
Meaningful planning, but .......

Globalti

Legendary Member
Before the last election we received a leaflet from Nigel Evans our MP promising "the biggest road-building programme ever seen in Lancashire".

Naturally we didn't vote for the muppet.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Really? What about all the traffic calming stuff? That no one anywhere wants it doesn't stop them wasting public money on it.

Oh I bothered him 2 weeks ago on this Drago, I'm not ringing him again because you can't keep up and have to necro threads. 😄

In all seriousness, I imagine councils don't just decide to put in traffic calming because they're flush with cash and can't think of what to spend it on, they're all skint. I'm guessing they're being lobbied by someone. The residents of certain roads? The PCC? Dunno. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom