So, so nearly crashed my loverly Jake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Weather turned a little yesterday, but was quite dry and warm so I rode in. Whats a little wind I thought..? I hadnt realised the winds would end up doubling from the morning's 25mph gusts by the afternoon, but still thought it would be rideable if I was careful.

The big problem for me was that I felt a little run down. I wonder if thats why I didnt quite grip the bars quite as hard as I should have done when exiting a dual carriageway? (30mph, around the back of the local Debenhams) A strong side wind took the front wheel as I indicated left and I only just managed to grab the hood and correct it. The whole bike was right over at an extreme angle, but the pannier bag acted as a nice counter weight that seemed to help me pull it back.

Be careful in those winds people! I would also just like to say thanks to all the good drivers who held off behind me and gave me space when passing, obviously realising side winds might blow us out a little. Especially thanks to the drivers who flashed me across when I was turning right off a main road. We need to encourage drivers like that somehow.

irw

Quadricyclist
I took the tandem down to the local main line station last night to pick up Mrs. IRW. I had the wind diagonally behind me on the way there, so I flew along. Coming back however, with twice the side surface area...!

Top Bottom