So, these Marathon Plus myths..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
Are all true. Arghhh! Should of just paid a shop to do it ha!

Let's remember a few key points.

Tape to secure and to stop it from popping out..
IMG_8275.JPG

Don't use plastic tyre leavers... And don't get the inner tube pinched. It's a ball ache taking the tyres off too.
IMG_8277.JPG

IMG_8276.JPG

I also spent 4hours cleaning and tinkering... It still needs more cleaning, I feel guilty :sad:.. Tomorrow's job.

I'll sign this off as a success.
IMG_8278.JPG

Custom24

Über Member
I've fitted 700 X 28c Marathon Plus and 26 inch MTB Marathon Plus with no problem, once I stopped swearing and watched this video

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XUFVrl0UT4

It is the working around squeezing the tyre down into the rim tip that made the difference for me.

I use short lenghts of rope to secure the already seated sections of the tyre and stop it popping back out. I carry these lengths of rope with me in case I have to repair a flat on the road. The sense of initial panic and then relief on the road is an interesting one.

OP
OP
FeistySquirrel

FeistySquirrel

It was that video that inspired me to tape them etc. Hopefully I won't need to do it again for a long time lol

subaqua

What’s the point
errrmmm what problems . can get them off and on no troubles with no need for tape or tyraps. maybe its just me

OP
OP
FeistySquirrel

FeistySquirrel

errrmmm what problems . can get them off and on no troubles with no need for tape or tyraps. maybe its just me

My rims are meant for 23 I believe? (I don't really know.. But they came with 23c tyres) , so that didn't help.. But I also suffer from epic hand cramps when clenching things too much, for example, putting on a tyre lol

I may of been able to do it without the tape, but didn't fancy risking it

Last edited:
Top Bottom