So unfit :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
After a bad dose of flu, all these bank holidays, trips to the pub, overeating and now a new cold setting in just as the last one began to release its grip my cycle in this morning was lung searingly tough. Funnily, muscle strength seemed to be high, it is the Cardiovascular side that is suffering so badly! :wacko:

I have had more illness this winter than at any time in my life, I can only put that down to having a young'un in the house. Can't wait to get back on the up and up! :smile:

Not much acid to give you indigestion either Dom - it's sprinkled generously all over your ripostes...;)
Today's commute (yes I'm home now:biggrin: ) was great. Empty Shepherds Bush, the piste of Notting Hill void of 4x4, Marylebone Rd a lorry free zone and the goths of Camden Town asleep in their cribs.:biggrin: Perfect, and each way under an hour.

Roll on Wednesday eh? Good wishes and good luck- the young gun is worth the pain:smile:

Is that just with one child Dom? Wait 'till you have two, that's about ten years worth of colds and viruses but of course it's not that simple.

After five years sleep deprivation robs you of your humour and sense of judgment (quiet at the back) and you have to go out and get a better job further away so you always have to commute in the car. You end up leaving the house at 6.30am, selling your soul all day in a stressy job you can't leave 'cause you need the money. You get home at 8 in time to bath the kids and then spend a disturbed night being woken by a sick child every half hour. Before you've even noticed, you haven't excercised in 3 years, are 3 stone overweight and so jaded you don't even call your friends!

That's without worrying about global warming or overpopulation ;)

Enjoy!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Crackle said:
Is that just with one child Dom? Wait 'till you have two, that's about ten years worth of colds and viruses but of course it's not that simple.

After five years sleep deprivation robs you of your humour and sense of judgment (quiet at the back) and you have to go out and get a better job further away so you always have to commute in the car. You end up leaving the house at 6.30am, selling your soul all day in a stressy job you can't leave 'cause you need the money. You get home at 8 in time to bath the kids and then spend a disturbed night being woken by a sick child every half hour. Before you've even noticed, you haven't excercised in 3 years, are 3 stone overweight and so jaded you don't even call your friends!

That's without worrying about global warming or overpopulation ;)

Enjoy!

:ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

:biggrin: You have described my current situation exactly. At the moment we are all recovering from a nast virus (snot everywhere!), I am sleep deprived, noticing my expanding wasteline and I can never find the time to get to my judo training. Who said having kids was fun!:sad:

Seriously though when it is hard it is very hard, but when it's good it's very good. Just a shame the last 4 or 5 days have been of the former :sad::biggrin:.

Christmas day though was just smashing!! :biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Went out for a very brief spin on the bike today to take jars & bottles to the local bottle bank. It's my first ride since I fell off multiple times on the 11th December, and I wanted to make sure the new rear derailleur I put on was OK and indexed properly.

Boy - am I out of shape. Too much snacking and eating over the hols have had an effect; I had broken into a serious sweat and was rather out of breath after going for it to stay ahead of the following traffic through some pinch-points. ;)

Yikes. I'm going to suffer when I settle back into my 4-day a week, 20 miles per day commute next Tuesday :biggrin:

PrettyboyTim

I've hardly ridden since I fell off back in early December, and since then I've only done one commute in, and otherwise about the maximum I've cycled since is a couple of miles at a go. My lovely Wife got me some gift tokens for my (almost) local bike shop for Christmas, so I cycled off there today to see what I could get. I noticed the gear changes seemed a bit off and I was getting the occasional chain slip on the way. I was almost at the shop when my rear gear cable snapped :biggrin:, the first time that's happened to me. Anyway, I picked up a pair or Schwalbe Marathon Pluses for my bike and a new gear cable with my tokens.

Problem was, I was still stuck in top gear until I could put the new cable in at home, and home was on the other side of the hill.

I almost expired going over that hill!

And now my thighs ache. Looking forward to commuting in again, though; first time back will be Thursday. It'll be nice to get some of my fitness back as I've hardly been in the saddle at all over the last month and I've eaten an awful lot of pies!

My first commute of 2008 tommorow.Should be fun.

A workmate texted yesterday about commuting in today and I thought he was taking the p.As he finishes after twelve he reckoned it would be hard to get a bus home.Im impressed as he hasn't commuted by bike in over ten years and also he smokes.

Top Bottom