So what was unleashed from Santa's...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Along with my Dad and my brother-in-law-to be-when? we got a flight on a microlight :smile:

The bloke flying it is an ex-girlfriends dad and he was a scary bugger at the best of times :biggrin:

Where can I get a cheap parachute?

snorri

Legendary Member
I got a book and a box of home made tablet, be thankful for small mercies I thought, and no involvement in some of the dreadful family get togethers I've read about on here.:smile:

GaryA

Subversive Sage
The only worthwhile present i got was a years subscription to the ecologist magazine
Almost make up for the whole depressing charade that is xmas...emotional blackmail guilt trip consumer flab and hyprocrisy festival
I told my relatives not to buy anything for the bairn, he's only 5 months old, he has got everything he needs, save your money, dont but chinese tat and support the globalisers we didnt bother buying presents
So what happens? yip a pyramid of toys....;) hes too young to play with and we have to find room for...a (chinese) play ring so badly designed it fell apart and banged his head.. we feel guilty, the missus is venting her fury on the whole idiotic consumer culture and we have to get stoned on new years eve to forget the whole thing...until next year:angry:;)

[Rant mode off]

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gary Askwith said:
So what happens? yip a pyramid of toys....;) hes too young to play with and we have to find room for...a (chinese) play ring so badly designed it fell apart and banged his head.. we feel guilty, the missus is venting her fury on the whole idiotic consumer culture and we have to get stoned on new years eve to forget the whole thing...until next year:angry:;)

[Rant mode off]

Give the toys straight to charity shops? Sounds like he can get them again when he is old enough to play with them. My sis and bro-in-law didn't get anything for Oli, on the same reasoning as you, I got him a picture book (a bit old for him, I know, but the pictures are very big and bright) and knitted him a cube with all different colours and textures and the other presents he got were clothes, or a set of wooden letters (painted to look like clowns) spelling his name to go on his nursery door. Like your young 'un, he didn't need anything really.

As for me, well, I got a 3 disc Oliver Postage DVD (the complete Bagpuss, Clangers and Ivor), the book Food for Free, an outrageously posh leather knitting needle case, some chocolates, some biscuits, a humorous teatowel, a calendar, a really nicely framed photo of Oli, and some money from Mum, which I spent on wool and needles and knitting books. All stuff I'd never spend the money on for myself, and all welcome.

Top Bottom