So where do I find sandals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...and any tips for enhancing beard growth

Perhaps a dreadlock or two, since "only hippies ride recumbent trikes" so I am told

Guess I'm a hippie now then since I've joined the club..or just about, got to arrange to pick up my new (to me) Catrike Trail sometime this week

First job will be to homebrew a linkage for the mule trailer since it doesn't look like the standard one will fit

I get the mick taken about my trailer at work, god only knows what it will be like when I turn up with a trailer on the back of a 'bent trike!

(Not sure about the dreadlocks though, they might be a bit close to the rear wheel for comfort!)

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I've got a pair of SPD sandals that I never got round to selling, if you're interested.

markg0vbr

Über Member
whiskers should have plenty of air at night, my q (like a dread but one thin plat) i over 2' long now, i just tuck it in to the top of my shirt.
for the hitch i use the ball and cup end of a hydraulic boot lid strut and a L shaped bracket.

of course you will be wearing thick woollen socks with your sandals!

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
I know know what people mean about having to get your 'bent legs, after only 1/2 an hour around the block a few times! I felt the same as when I first got back on a bike after 10+ years...

I'm sure I'm doing all the "noob" things, I seem to have a right wiggle going when I set off, and having the gripshift working the "wrong" way is taking some getting used to (though bar end shifters I think may be added soon). And staying in a straight line seems to take some concentration

But on the plus side, I think I'm already getting into one aspect of recumbent trikes, in the lack of locally available P-clips in a size to suit the frame, my pannier rack is now attached, secure and stable with a homebrewed solution costing 50p in bits from the DIY shop

Going to have a go in traffic tomorrow :ohmy: (though choosing quiet roads for now, I think Bank Holiday Monday will see me having a leisurely pootle around derwent valley just to get the feel)

byegad

Legendary Member
The 'wiggle' you speak of is usually called pedal steer and will disappear in time. Try to relax from the waist up as one theory is that it's caused by gripping onto the bars too rigidly. The other theory states it goes away if you spin rather than mash the pedals. You'll probably find that your natural cadence will rise over time, I used to spin at 72/minute on a DF and now cruise at 80+ on my 'bents.

You're in for a pleasant surprise in traffic too. Drivers cross the white line to pass more often than not and it's very rare for a pass anywhere near as close as is normal for an upright.

Fitness will come, it took me around 800 miles before I could ride as far on a recumbent as I used to do on a DF without muscle ache, this was probably longer than most.

Top Bottom