1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, who's waiting for the bombshell . . .

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Dayvo, 29 Jul 2007.

1. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

. . . to drop when it's revealed that Alberto Contador had been taking something he shouldn't?
    I'd like to think that it was a clean victory for both Contador and cycling, but I have this feeling . . . ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

I'm optimistic about cycling, it gets unfair treatment from an ignorant media and I think the doping war can be won.

But...

If the nightmare scenario mentioned did happen, the sport would suffer for many years to come.

3. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

I think we'll be alright this year

4. ajevans

ajevans New Member

There was an article in the Mail on Sunday which states that there is still a shadow of Alberto Contador following Operation Puerto. Although he has been cleared by the Spanish authorities they are still waiting to review all the documentation seized.

I don't think it will come to anything though.

5. yenrod

yenrod Guest

According to that statement by c.prudhomme society tdf - contador was supposedly mentioned in telephone list towards recent wins...:thumbsup:

6. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Contador was mentioned in Puerto in relation to other riders. His name appeared twice. There is nothing "new" to come out of Puerto re Contador.

7. monnet

monnet Über Member

Nope, noting new. He's implicated. He rode for Liberty Seguros (alonside Vino and co.). He's a protege of Manolo Saiz. Now rides for the reputable Discovery team (past riders 'I've never tested positive' Armstrong and paragon of virtue Ivan Basso).

I read recently that ASO have pictures of all the Tour winners in their head office up to and including 1995, as after that there is suspicion surrounding the winners. My feeling is that they won't be adding any more portraits tonight.

8. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

We've had enough bad news of late, let's not go looking or speculating on any more. If there is something untoward going on then when it's known we can comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Blonde

Blonde New Member

Worry about it if it happens. It was really great to see a young 'un win! Taking something he shouldn't wouldn't have made him into a winner anyway. He did that by himself - and with a lot of help from a great team too, of course.

10. TimDanaher

TimDanaher Well-Known Member

The local rag here is reporting that he's 100% implicated, but is getting immunity from prosecution because he's agreed to be a 'key witness'.

It's not on the paper's website archive yet...

11. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Is this the sound of a fuse fizzing or just more blather?

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

It seems that everyone wants to get in on the act, but if he was cleared by the UCI it is unlikely that he was proven to be involved!!!!!!!!!!!