So, who's your money on now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I think Rasmussen is looking good right now so could go into Paris in the yellow!!!!!!!!!

Tetedelacourse

spesh said:
I can't see how people can describe Soler as looking awful on a bike, not when compared to say, Fernando Escartin.

Like a crab trying to walk straight, he was...

Maybe not compared to Escartin, but my observation was based on watching him amongst the others towards the end of yesterday's stage - he looked like he had square wheels! But then he just fecked off up the hill :biggrin:

Tremendous.

Contador is poetry in motion though. Where has he been hiding?

Also, sorry i asked this the other day but didn't catch a response - what's Contador's TT ability like?

gbyers

Rasmussen has been a real eye opener over the weekend. Adequte at TT (which represents a huge improvement) and incredibly strong yesterday.

So, it's the year of the chicken.

I hope to hell he isn't putting anything in his feed.

spesh

Tetedelacourse said:
Also, sorry i asked this the other day but didn't catch a response - what's Contador's TT ability like?

Contador beat Rasmussen by 41 seconds in the prologue, and by 40 seconds in Saturday's TT stage.

Assuming similar TT performances occur this Saturday, Contador needs to be within half a minute of Rasmussen coming out of the Pyrennees if he wants to win the Tour.

MichaelM

Guru
Rasmussen to win for me. I can't see Contador taking time out of him in the remaining two mountain stages, or beating him in the TT by 2;40. Those who can take time out of him in the TT are now too far back and hhave two more mountain stages to go.

So, assuming no crashes/mechanicals, I'm going for a Rasmussen, Contador.Kloden Podium in that order.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I all think it depends on whether Contador and his team think 2nd (and best team / young rider) is good enough and therefore will only be prepared to defend the status quo.

However, I hope they think that winning is what matters and are therefore prepared to risk losing 2nd and keep on attacking. Maybe not today, but after the rest day, they still have the strength in depth to make the final mountain stage absolute misery for the rest and with an up hill finish...well who knows who would come out on top. I hope for cycling it's Contador.

Jack

Contador looked like he had Rasmussen's beating on that final ascent today, he kept attacking.. too late..

Blonde

I also think it's too late now for Contador to make up the time. Cadel might, but he's not that great in the mountains, so unless something really drastic happens in the final TT I think Rassmussen is set to win overall now, if only by a smidge. Still, it's been great nail-biting tour this time and really exciting to watch!

Vino did a great ride yesterday and it was quite moving to see the crowds' reaction on the final climb (but then, I get emotional at the sight of bunnies/puppies/flowers!) the Basques cheered him even more than their own riders! Everyone loves him now!

Mr Phoebus

I think Pete Doherty will easily be dropped, while the big battle will be between Keith Richards and Iggy Pop. Keith Moon could also be in the running.

Top Bottom