Soaps...... WTF?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
I remember the grown-ups watching Coronary St & Crossroads when I was a kid, but the only one I've watched voluntarily was Brookside. It used to be on when I came home from shopping on a Saturday afternoon, then one day I switched the TV on and latched onto the body-under-the-patio storyline.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Mrs V likes programmes with big burly men that say "baby girl" a lot - usually Criminal Minds and SWAT

Last time I saw Emerdale I just switched the telly on at random

lots of fires around and it seemed like an aeroplane had crashed on a remote village

took me a while before I saw Seth and though"Oh - that actor has branched out a bit" - then someone used his name and I thought "wow - what a co-incidence - in a proper disaster film but with teh same name"

shortly after than I worked out that it was actually Emerdale and switched it off

or maybe I dreamed it - it was WEIRD!!!

My wife watched Corrie - I used to join in every now and again - some bits were really well written
but I have got fed up with it - the storylines are either silly or telegraphed in many cases

Don't forget the recycled storylines and characters, watch a soap for long enough and different characters will get the same storylines with someone else, or better the same character type (Eastenders has a long history of bitchy savvy blondes) will keep appearing. I'm quite into Classic Corrie but I know I won't make it into modern times (when does the current version become classic? :wacko: )

I've just started Brookside which at least has an ending, there are many bonkers storylines in that I'm looking forward to.

Top Bottom