Social Science

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'm still thinking how exciting one of FM's rail commute forums must be.... How was your day's commute?
Welll.... I got on the Paddington bound service at 7:38, four minutes late as usual.... stopped at the Highbury Junction for 3 minutes while the 7:42 Watford link passed- using the B847[C] carriages today....
I think your driver was lost. The links between Paddington and Watford are very obscure.

Sandra6

Veteran
Commuters have "tales from today's commute"
on this forum there is "your ride today" (or however it's worded) What's the difference? It's just a way of sharing your ride.

OP
OP
G3CWI

G3CWI

Veteran
Commuters have "tales from today's commute"
on this forum there is "your ride today" (or however it's worded) What's the difference? It's just a way of sharing your ride.

AFAIK
Commuting = travel to and from your place of work.
Your ride today = just about anything else on a bike.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I find cycling quite a sociable form of transport. Much more so than driving. I like to greet people that I see. Most even reply...

Oh yes sure it can i didnt mean that. I was referring more to the 4-5 am cold winter mornings when even the wildlife is looking at you thinking "balls to that mate" lol

classic33

Leg End Member

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
My ride involved having a spin and a natter with some like-minded CC people, and ending up at a good local tea shop. Isn't that worth sharing?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, some of them complained about the road being a bit dirty, but that's hardly a war...
And one of them ordered a cake and then decided that a different cake looked nicer.
That had the potential to get a bit nasty.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
[QUOTE 2343873, member: 1314"]My issue with tea-cafes is that they don't do savouries and I don't eat sweets anymore.[/quote]
You need to do one of my rides. If somewhere doesnt do cakes and at least toasties or cheese scones it's history :biggrin:

Top Bottom