Sod it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Being a house husband weekends are my busy days.Changing beds and ironing,so i make Mon and Tue my weekend days and i go cycling,but not today both girls have got some bug,vomitting and fever,both tucked up in bed and i am housebound,oh well.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not good. I should be in work, not too good recovering from an op, but I've got bearings to change on the fixed, but really can't be bothered.

Lee_M

Guru
Being a house husband weekends are my busy days.Changing beds and ironing,so i make Mon and Tue my weekend days and i go cycling,.

just out of interest why do you do that?

surely it would be better to have the weekends with the family and then do all those crap horrible jobs during the week when there's no one else around?

Night Train

Maker of Things
Being a house husband weekends are my busy days.Changing beds and ironing,so i make Mon and Tue my weekend days and i go cycling,but not today both girls have got some bug,vomitting and fever,both tucked up in bed and i am housebound,oh well.
You get 'weekend days'?

When I was a house husband it was 6am-11pm seven days a week!:ohmy:

Drago

Legendary Member
I should be in work, but feel nastily dizzy in any position except horizontal.

Went to work Sat am feeling iffy but game. Within 3 hours at work felt worse so came home while I was still up to cycling.

No Doctors at the weekend, so just been laying about resting.

8am today the docs reopen. 0800hrs sharp, engaged. Not surprising as all the junkies will be on the phone wanting more state funded methadone. Unfortunately my Porsche driving GP won't pay for an extra phone line.

I gamely redialled every minute, and on the twenty seventh attempt I got through, only for the lady to tell me the earliest appointment is Wednesday and if I'd wanted to see a Doc today I should have phoned sooner.

There's no way I'm well enough to cycle or drive to a walk in clinic, and no way in Hell I'll survive sitting upright in their waiting room for the 4 hour wait they've just told me is this mornings norm.

So this is supposed to be a civilised country and it'll be 5 days before I can see a doc.

All I want to do I'd get better, resume normal life and get back to work but there's this huge bureaucracy designed to stop me doing exactly that. I'm hoping its just a bug it something and not indicative of something worse.

I can see why folk get so frustrated they end up going to A&E with minor stuff.

surely it would be better to have the weekends with the family and then do all those crap horrible jobs during the week when there's no one else around?

Not sure about Postman's routine, but I can explain mine.. So, first of, weekends are full assembly days! That means they're going to be busy no matter what you do! From making breakfasts, lunches and dinners, add to that coffees, teas and snacks (AND cleaning afterwards). Then it's shopping, possibly going out days and that translates to ironing and getting everybody ready, go out, come back and start tiding up after everybody. Not to mention the "childrens activity days" (mine is rugby Sundays) and there you have my "doing-eff-all" weekends. Therefore (I suspect like the op) I decided to pack my weekends with the rest of the household duties and free myself for the rest of the week and hence enjoy my peace and quiet, sports, hobbies, outings, etc..
I can tell you that: Mondays rock!!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member

The girls are usually going out and wife acts as taxi driver.So i get the jobs done,and rest of the week roads are much quieter.

Lee_M

Guru
ah ok thx.

there you see the ignorance of people like me who only have a wife and a dog and lots of expensive hobbies!

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
ah ok thx.

there you see the ignorance of people like me who only have a wife and a dog and lots of expensive hobbies!
Thats ok what you may not know is i am 62 retired early at 56 and have two teenage daughters still in school,it's been and still is fantastic to be retired and as my wife says i make a better housewife than she ever will.Forty years of shift work and now heaven.

Lee_M

Guru
hmm - I hope to retire in 4 years (at 55) but I'll need to cut down on my expensive hobbies I think!

Top Bottom