soding wind!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I went out this morning, all dressed and prepared for a cold one but turned back after only 3 miles. The wind was so strong it saps all your energy! Are we going to have this wind until next spring?

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
I went out this morning, all dressed and prepared for a cold one but turned back after only 3 miles. The wind was so strong it saps all your energy! Are we going to have this wind until next spring?

It has certainly been brutal this week. Here's hoping for a calmer spell!:blush:

tyred

Legendary Member
I did a forty miler yesterday morning. Didn't seem too bad setting out so I took my fixed gear. It became very windy and cold shortly after I left and I did the last 20 miles or so through open countryside with no shelter being pelted by hailstones and into a hellish head wind at 10 - 11mph, struggling to maintain a decent cadence on a gear that was way too high for the conditions. My legs were burning.

If only some bright spark could invent a device which allows a cyclist to have a selection of about 18+ gears to choose from....

Top Bottom