Sod's law and my first 30 miler :)

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Mike A, 23 Apr 2010.

1. Mike A

Mike A New Member

Well, I've finally managed my first 30 miler. So I come here to brag about it - and what happens... The guy posting immediately before me has just done his first 50. How about that for sod's law ;)

Congratulations CarlFergy :ohmy:

Mike

2. Steve H

Steve H Large Member

Don't fret Mike - your still a couple ahead of my current furthest (28miles). We'll be at 50 in no time I'm sure.

Well done!

3. RedBike

RedBike New Member

Well i'm' stuck at work and have done 0 miles today so i'm jealous of the pair of you.

4. jig-sore

jig-sore Formerly the anorak

well i was doing well last year, but this year im concentrating on my commuting which is only 11.5 miles. getting very good at 11.5 miles but naff at anything further. it's funny how your body adjusts to the mileage you do :smile:

5. Simba

Simba Specialized Allez 24 Rider

I did my first 35 miler the other day, didn't think I would be able to. Just keep at it and soon you will be doing a 50 miler or more.

6. Muddyfox

Muddyfox Veteran

Well done Mike

The 1st of many milestones no doubt

Simon

7. shippers

shippers Senior Member

My first 35 and my first 50 milers were only about 3 weeks apart. Another 50 this weekend, then 60 next, lining up for the Great Yorkshire in early June.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice