Sods law!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I checked the weather forecast on Saturday morning and it looked good for the week end so decided to go on a 30-40 mile ride today. I cleaned my bike on Saturday as it needed it and my wife asked me to dig border in the garden. Being the good husband that I am, I duly obliged but then disaster: a did something to my back and now the bottom left side is very painful, especially when I stand up from sitting down or get out of bed.:blush:
As you can guess, my ride has been cancelled and I am left looking at this beautiful weather and not being able to enjoy as I wanted to! :angry:
My wife suggested for me to go on a gentle ride on the seafront to see how it goes. I am playing with the idea but am worried that I may not be able to get off the bike when I get back or make things worse.
May be it would be safer to just take it easy until tomorrow and see how it goes then and hope that the weather holds!
At least, the border looks fine and she is very pleased with it!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I always do stretches before I go for a ride. Makes me less achy and wakes my body up a bit.

Do you have a turbo trainer or some kind of stand where you can sit on the bike stationary as you would when riding it? This could help you decided whether or not going out on your bike will affect your back.
Either that or site on a relatively high chair*, tuck your legs under it, and bend down into your normal cycling position.

*You could also use the toilet.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I always do stretches before I go for a ride. Makes me less achy and wakes my body up a bit.

Do you have a turbo trainer or some kind of stand where you can sit on the bike stationary as you would when riding it? This could help you decided whether or not going out on your bike will affect your back.
Either that or site on a relatively high chair*, tuck your legs under it, and bend down into your normal cycling position.

*You could also use the toilet.
No turbo or stands so I will just have to sit it out. The paracetemol are beginning to kick in and busy tomorrow . Should be ok by tuesday if weather ok.

Hard luck Gavroche.

I used to think that "a bad back" was a trivial thing, until the first time that mine seized up on me (in the middle of doing some decorating). Now I try to be careful but it does give me the odd twinge from time to time. Hope it doesn't this week - we complete on a new house on Tuesday, and there will be some decorating to be done, then a house move to oversee.....

I hope you are able to get some ride time in the week.

Top Bottom