Sod's law!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Why is it that every time I change channel on commercial TV, I always fall on the adverts, loads of them! Never fails. Always have to wait ages before the proper program starts .

Why is it that every time I change channel on commercial TV, I always fall on the adverts, loads of them! Never fails. Always have to wait ages before the proper program starts .
Record everything in advance and skip through or download instead.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I find the same, adverts seem to synchronise, I guess tho with so many channels seemingly under the same parent umbrella it's easier to make sure we don't get to avoid their revenue stream too easily

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Record everything in advance and skip through or download instead.

^^^ This - virtually everything we watch that isn't on the BBC is either recorded or caught up with on catch up to fast forward through the ads.
Hour long mainstream ITV/C4 shows tend to come in at about 45 minutes, stuff on Sky (especially American) can be under 40 minutes. One that sticks in the mind was a Christmas Downton Abbey the other year - scheduled time 90 minutes, actual time with adverts skipped: 56 minutes...:ohmy:

Oxo

Guru
It's not the adverts but the programmes which I find annoying. Watched the Tour de France in July, turned the telly off and haven't had it on since. Plenty of better ways of spending my time.

I always flick through the channels on the hour just as everything is changing and then have to flick through again. A bit like playing patience and shuffling the cards

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
1. Pick up 10lb hammee.
2. Smash TV in bits.
3. Find something interesting to do.
I use TV as a tool for learning through documentaries, BBC 4 interesting reports etc.... and relaxation by carefully selecting what I watch. I don't do soaps, x factor and other cheap programs. TV can be a good educational tool .

Oxo

Guru
Like going on the Internet and spending your valuable time discussing NOT watching TV! :laugh: :okay:

Got it in one,however, because I don't watch TV I don't know anything about it so this discussion, for me, will be very short so giving me lots of valuable time for other things.

Top Bottom