Sods law.:-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
Just last week I donated a spare microwave that I don't use to a lady at work who's fallen on hard times. Her house caught fire and she's lost most of her possessions from the effects of the fire and smoke damage. She's only got building insurance which does not cover contents. There almost virtually starting from scratch again and money is very tight for them.At work we had a whip round for some money for them ,but even this will only go so far in helping. Sitting on the work top at home I had a spare microwave that was gathering dust and cluttering up the place , so I thought the very least I could do was to drop it off for them as there's was now destroyed. She was quite emotional and embarrassed when I gave it to her but at the same time very thankful.
Well sods law struck that night when I got home to cook some tea my trusty old microwave decided its 10 year life in my kitchen was enough and stopped working.
Sods law haha. I get rid of one microwave only for the other to break.
In hindsight though I'm still happy to of given the other one away ,as they are in a greater need of help. They've got so much stuff that needs replacing that the simple cost of a microwave would become an issue. For me though its the only thing that's needed replacing so is no big deal.
Still Sods law though :-) :-) :-)

stephec

Legendary Member
Even if you'd known that was going to happen you'd still have wanted to give her the other one though, top work Johnny.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Seriously though I can't I imagine what it must be like to go through something like that. Losing items like white goods and electrical stuff is bad enough, but things like photos/videos of lost ones that are tucked away would be gone forever. It's almost like having your whole history wiped away as personal things are lost for ever.
The very least for friends can do is help to ease the financial burden of it no, matter how small it is.

Lonestar

Veteran
I must have spares for almost everything but you can guarantee if I throw anything out I find I have a use for whatever it is in the next week.

What was I looking for last night? Shrader/Presta valve adapters.I'm sure I've got them somewhere but I can't find the blasted things so I've ordered five more off of ebay.Pretty sure they will turn up sooner or later.Sods law.

classic33

Leg End Member
I must have spares for almost everything but you can guarantee if I throw anything out I find I have a use for whatever it is in the next week.

What was I looking for last night? Shrader/Presta valve adapters.I'm sure I've got them somewhere but I can't find the blasted things so I've ordered five more off of ebay.Pretty sure they will turn up sooner or later.Sods law.
Wouldn't one suffice?

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I'm just looking at that pic ,and must be having a dull moment with the brain cells. I'm obviously missing something here buddy :-)

Top Bottom