Soft roader and mini rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

Out on a spin this morning across town and a Honda CRV came past me really close, He was going in my direction and turned off.
I caught up with him outside his house and had a bit of a go :laugh: (I asked him if he knew how wide his car) was and that I drive something nearly twice the size and can still manage to not get that close (IE:He nearly took my elbow off)
To his credit he did apologise for getting so close.

Not all are so ignorant though, and on the way back home a Discovery passed me and gave me more room than any other vehicle in the line of traffic ;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
linfordlunchbox said:
Not all are so ignorant though, and on the way back home a Discovery passed me and gave me more room than any other vehicle in the line of traffic ;)
There's an X5 I see every now and then that's driven *very* considerately indeed (same vehicle, I remember the plate) - I regret to say that every other X5 I've seen so far isn't, but still...

petec

Tell me about it! I live near to a bmw dealership and I'm nearly always cut up / knocked off / shouted at for being in the way by just about everyone that comes out of there.

I know not all drivers are like that but its nearly always the chavs in their kit car beemers....

RedBike

I'm driving around in a discovery. I sat behind a group of cyclists for about 1/2 a mile today because I didn't want to force them into the hedge row on a narrow singletrack road.

OP
OP
L

LLB

RedBike said:
I'm driving around in a discovery. I sat behind a group of cyclists for about 1/2 a mile today because I didn't want to force them into the hedge row on a narrow singletrack road.

I've found that many get quite nervous (like they think I'm shadowing them) because I will not attempt an overtake unless I am happy I can get past without having to cut back in early. I've had a few try and waive my past even when I've not been happy to risk it because they thought they might have been holding me up. Damned if you do and damned if you don't sometimes ;)

I just don't think I registered on this guys radar at all today, I did say to him as a parting comment (not nasty), when you do overtake, give some space and everyone is happy, so I hope he thinks a bit more about this next time he is confronted with it.

Top Bottom