Solar FIT payments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Anyone else here have solar, or even wind, biomass, etc? I've a full 5kW installation, and being exactly South facing on a single side of a bungalow roof it's a nice little earner indeed.

However, my energy supplier is taking long and longer each time to post the payments. It started out as days, but now takes 3 weeks or so. Is anyone else suffering this? I'm thinking of whinging to OFGEN about it. Seeing as I enter the figures straight onto their computer via their app I cam see no technical reason why they're not more or less instant.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yep. Same issue. Solar pv btw.

D

Deleted member 26715

Are you on the original FIT or the very much watered down version, we have a south facing roof but I just can't square the circle of costs, installation vs return on the new lower rates

Globalti

Legendary Member
We are going to be looking at this soon for a new build. Surely the tariff will continue to diminish as more people install PV?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Are you on the original FIT or the very much watered down version, we have a south facing roof but I just can't square the circle of costs, installation vs return on the new lower rates

The original. Kerching!

We are going to be looking at this soon for a new build. Surely the tariff will continue to diminish as more people install PV?

It's fixed per unit by law for the length of the contract.

Denis99

Über Member
I have a 4kW entirely south facing, had it installed about 5 years ago, not the original FIT but still very good.

Usually paid within 7 days of me sending off the reading.

Since then we now have a Nissan Leaf EV car, and have bought a Tesla Powerwall 2 battery to store the energy from the panels.

We still get the same FIT , and get to keep and use the energy produced by the solar panels.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I've sent them a s***-O-gram by way of a complaint, and told them I'll cancel my DD and will pay the bills with the same delay they pay me, if they don't sort it.

Denis, you mind my asking which firm do your FIT?

Top Bottom