Solar grass cutter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
robotic lawn mower (Robocop) , ideal for you being ex plod
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)] KVtB943YmYq9KZlJyiN1xQJHSUMkL3hh9VcRqZO52FhgZTeU&s.jpg [/COLOR]

tom73

Guru
Most have some sort of dock and return to it for charging don't know if they all solar powered though.
bosch do a robotic mower don't if it's sort of one your looking for @JhnBssll maybe of help.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Bosch Indego - designed by my colleagues in Stowmarket :okay: The early incarnations were a bit clunky but the latest models are great. The online reviews are slightly tainted by the earlier models which had a few "issues" - for one the wheels fell off - but the Indego 350 and 400 models are a completely new chassis and control system :okay::laugh: My parents had one of the early prototypes of the original design running around their garden about a decade ago, it was a very naughty robot :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Im not suprised I havnt got an answer. You lot can't even leave a wheelie bin out without it being nicked 😊
My sister put her lawnmower on her front lawn, unreeled the cable, and took the end of the cable indoors to plug it in. The next thing, the plug was pulled out of her hands. She ran outside and found a pair of dodgy geezers about to sling the mower on top of a pile of 'scrap' on the back of their vehicle! They claimed to genuinely believe that a mower on a lawn with a cable going indoors had been left out for the 'scrappies' to collect... :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Program it to chop their hands off. They won't do it twice!
The Black Knight would have a go...! :laugh:

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I just had a quick google.
the good ones are over £1000.
how do you stop someone stealing it?
Some are fitted with a gps. That will be the very expensive ones. But I think they need the docking station they come with for them to operate. Stealing just the mower would be pointless. To be honest I am not worried about it being stolen. I live in the sticks of Denmark.

JhnBssll

Veteran
They know where they are and an alarm sounds if they are removed from the locality :okay: They normally have lift-up protection too so an alarm will sound if they are picked up, unless you've entered your PIN code.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Can they cope with two separate pieces of lawn, with steps in between?
Would I need two docking stations and one mower?

Currently, a very nice mower visits every two weeks. He strims the edges, mows the lawns and puts the cuttings in the compost bin. All this for the shocking price of £20 a time.

JhnBssll

Veteran
The latest Indego's can store 2 (or maybe 3) lawns, you would need a docking station and perimeter wire for each and to manually lift the mower between areas but works well :okay::becool:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Often wondered if these will ever be used to mow roadsides. Must be cheaper than the 4 guys and 4 trucks used to mind one guy with a strimmer the roads dept use now.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Often wondered if these will ever be used to mow roadsides. Must be cheaper than the 4 guys and 4 trucks used to mind one guy with a strimmer the roads dept use now.

I know of one being used as a pigeon scarer on the flat roof of an office building so it wouldn't surprise me to see them on a verge :okay::laugh:

Top Bottom