Solar Production Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Today is the first day the panels have gone past 5pm. A 5.25 kWh array and 25kWh generated today.
I'm on the Octopus Agile tariff and always top up back to 100% overnight as the 15p export rate is more than what I pay to import.

42.24kWh generated, 37.82kWh exported today. Best of the year by a long way. Our system is a 10.1kW array at theoretical max.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Another Saving Session tonight, 6-6:30 again.

Yes, I've got my slot booked and ready to go. I've been using " Wonder Watt ' to organise my Octopus Agile account as it's more or less "set and forget " ( Though I did actually forget to cancel the export slot after the last session, and hadn't bothered to deselect the other days of the week for the routine to run, so it repeated the half hour export for a few days before I spotted it )

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Just looking back at March 23 and this year we are way down on generation . Mind you Feb was up slightly on last year . I’m sure it averages out over the year !

Tenkaykev

Guru
We're away for the weekend so house load has been minimal meaning all solar has gone to grid. I set a force discharge from the battery to grid last night and then took advantage of the free / negative overnight rates to get paid to fill it back up to 100%

Emanresu

Seems these Spring storms are very good for wind generation which is currently 70% of national demand. The price of electricity is currently £ -25 / MWh.

Is anyone being paid to take it?

Tenkaykev

Guru
Seems these Spring storms are very good for wind generation which is currently 70% of national demand. The price of electricity is currently £ -25 / MWh.

Is anyone being paid to take it?

Yes, I'm on Octopus Agile and the prices have often been been negative over the last couple of days / nights. I dumped my battery to grid @15p then got paid to fill it up again. I also switched the immersion heater on, did 2 loads of washing and fired up the dishwasher too, oh, and used the tumble drier! I read of one guy who had already fully charged his car so he invited his neighbour to charge his car too 😎
I'll be dumping my full battery to grid again in an hour or so, then refilling as the prices are negative.👍

Top Bottom