SOLD: 1980'S Dawes Imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
it is with some reluctance i am offering this fantastic Dawes Imperial in amazing condition , words do not do it justice it needs to be seen by the naked eye to truly appreciate the condition of this bike .

23" or 58.5cm from centre of crank to centre of seat pinch bolt sized frame hand made with Reynolds 531 butted tubes stays and full chrome forks that sparkle like big stars , finished in sky blue paintwork with black luglining .

12 speed suntour equipped gear system with cyclome m-II changers and power shiftter levers . Super custom crank with 170mm arms fitted with Shimano sp200al pedals and Christophe toe cages with leather straps .

Weinmann 605 calipers with quick release and guides operated by new Shimao 600 aero style levers.

original 36 hole polished alloy rims (no makers name visable) are laced to Campag small flange hubs with quick release levers and new 700 x 23 Gatorskins .

at the begining of this year previous owner had the following new parts fitted , tyres,brake levers, bars & 40 mm short reach stem, specialized Sonama saddle and campag twin bolt seat post and new chain to ready it for this summer , but sadly it has sat unused , i have ridden it for all of 5 miles and no more as i didnt want it to get marked or damaged !

it has spent all of its life sat very rarely used on a turbo trainer and at some point previous owner felt the urge to touch up around the bottom bracket with a slightly differant shade of paint due to original paint discolouring apart frpm that and a couple of small marks seeing is believing .

as for price no real idea but would like to see offers around the £350 area , would prefer collection at this stage from Wellingborough nn8 postcode

more images are on my flick r account http://www.flickr.com/photos/68734341@N04/

please note only offered at mo to fellow cc'ers

imp1.JPG imp2.JPG

betty swollocks

large member
I remember when these first came out and how utterly gorgeous they looked with the sky blue/chrome colour combo: someone in my local CTC group bought one.
If I recall, it was one of the first bikes to come with a six-speed rear block and there were of course forecasters-of-doom saying that the rear wheel would be too dished and would collapse. It never did, so far as I know.
Good luck with your sale.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I remember when these first came out and how utterly gorgeous they looked with the sky blue/chrome colour combo: someone in my local CTC group bought one.
If I recall, it was one of the first bikes to come with a six-speed rear block and there were of course forecasters-of-doom saying that the rear wheel would be too dished and would collapse. It never did, so far as I know.
Good luck with your sale.

must admit @betty swollocks it was the colour and chrome combination and its amazing condition that sold it to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom