[SOLD] - Cannondale Six Road Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carlgorse

Hello all

After having a good think ive decided to sell my Cannondale Six 2009 Road Bike because its to small for me

Ive upgraded this bike and all top quaitly components

Cannondale Six ALU/Carbon Frameset with Carbon Forks 54cm and should fit upto 6ft

Shimano 105 Groupset 9 speed

Pro Lite Carbon Bars ( £75 )

Pro Lite Bar Tape ( £11.99 )

Cannondale System Six Carbon Stem 130mm ( £60 )

Dura Ace 2011 Brakes ( £200 )

Hope Red Seat Clamp ( £20 )

Pro Lite Seat Post Carbon ( £75 )

Fizix Seat ( £109 )

Time Iclic Carbon Pedals ( £120 ) with new set of cleats

Askrium Wheelset

Michelin Pro Race Tryes ( £50 )

Carbon Bottle Cages X 2 ( £60 )

Cateye Cycling Computer Strada ( £49 )

I paid £650 second hand without all these upgrades so if your intrested send me a pm and i can make some arangement for viewing and the bike is in excellent condition and only done around 150 miles in dry weather .

Open to decent offers and my location is Hartlepool North East UK

Carl

Attachments

• DSC00047.jpg
    DSC00047.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
carlgorse

carlgorse

Sorry this is a more upto date image and only change is different bar tape

Attachments

• cannondale six.jpg
    cannondale six.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 81

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I reckon a 54 cm Cannondale would be best for someone 5' 7" - 5' 10".

I'm 6' 1", ride 58 cm bikes, and feel a bit cramped on 56 cm so I think someone 6' 0" would feel cramped on 54 cm unless they put a very long stem on.

Nice bike though (as I've said before).

How come you bought a 54 cm bike when you used to have a 59 cm Fausto Coppi - was that too big?

PS - your fotopic gallery has gone dormant! I got a message saying that you need to reactivate it by logging in to your account again.

OP
OP
carlgorse

carlgorse

I reckon a 54 cm Cannondale would be best for someone 5' 7" - 5' 10".

I'm 6' 1", ride 58 cm bikes, and feel a bit cramped on 56 cm so I think someone 6' 0" would feel cramped on 54 cm unless they put a very long stem on.

Nice bike though (as I've said before).

How come you bought a 54 cm bike when you used to have a 59 cm Fausto Coppi - was that too big?

Hi Colin

I didn't know that much about road bikes and the last time i had one it was in Inches a good few years ago :smile:

I Bought the cannondale Six before i got the Fausto Coppi and the 59cm was perfect and i had ago of a 58cm cannondale and was so much different .

I have changed the lengh of stem on the Six to a 130mm and added a bit of extra rise to ease the strain so with the set up it would maybe suit someone that would fit a 56cm at the very most .

I did 40 miles on it today in 3hrs exzactly and my neck was fine just my legs drained a little lol :smile:

Also im 6ft 3 inches on a 54CM and im not in no rush in selling it but the offer is open if not i will just save up and purchase a 58cm/61cm frame :smile:

Cheers
Carl

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Also im 6ft 3 inches on a 54CM and im not in no rush in selling it but the offer is open if not i will just save up and purchase a 58cm/61cm frame :smile:

Cheers
Carl
Blimey!

I had a 60 cm Bianchi once and had to put a 90 mm stem on because I felt over-stretched.

I have 110 mm stems on the 58 cm bikes and they feel good.

Judging from that and you being 2 inches (5 cm) taller then me, I would say that a 58 cm with a 130 mm stem or a 61 cm with a 100-110 mm stem would be right for you (assuming that you don't have unusually long legs and a short torso or unusually short legs and a long torso, for your height).

OP
OP
carlgorse

carlgorse

Blimey!

I had a 60 cm Bianchi once and had to put a 90 mm stem on because I felt over-stretched.

I have 110 mm stems on the 58 cm bikes and they feel good.

Judging from that and you being 2 inches (5 cm) taller then me, I would say that a 58 cm with a 130 mm stem or a 61 cm with a 100-110 mm stem would be right for you (assuming that you don't have unusually long legs and a short torso or unusually short legs and a long torso, for your height).

Yeah for some reason bikes above 61cm very rarely come up on e-bay but im going to keep a very close eye out :smile:

I would say im a 34inch inside leg and my seat post as a slight lean back on it .

The guy i got it off was 6ft 1 and thats why i thought oh this will be ok for me but adding that extra on the seatpost and stem as made a big difference to when i first bought the bike :smile:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
To add to this sizing discussion, I'm 6'2" to 6'3" (not 100% due to my measuing method but somewhere in that range) and ride a 58cm CAAD9 with the standard stem (probly 110-120mm) it fits fine.

Regarding your sale it might be worth pointing out that the frame has your name on it, is that removable (i.e. a sticker)? etc

Super nice bike but that Cannondale stem you added is one of the ugliest stems I have ever seen :tongue:

OP
OP
carlgorse

carlgorse

To add to this sizing discussion, I'm 6'2" to 6'3" (not 100% due to my measuing method but somewhere in that range) and ride a 58cm CAAD9 with the standard stem (probly 110-120mm) it fits fine.

Regarding your sale it might be worth pointing out that the frame has your name on it, is that removable (i.e. a sticker)? etc

Super nice bike but that Cannondale stem you added is one of the ugliest stems I have ever seen :tongue:

Thanks Rob3rt

Yes that's just a sticker that is on the frame and can be easily peeled off .

I do have the orignal Cannondale 110mm Stem and Bars that is with the bike aswell

Carl

OP
OP
carlgorse

carlgorse

My name as been removed aswell now and all cleaned and nicely polished :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom