SOLD! Challenge Fujin SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BearKnots

Über Member
How Do All ;-)

For Sale!
£1,475.00 or very nearest offer!

Here I have for sale my Challenge Fujin SL Lowracer.
Please also see here for the post on my website with lots of pictures:
http://ropeandcanvas.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/challenge-fujin-sl-for-sale.html

IMG_9266a.jpg

I bought this back in February to use as a fast day ride and light touring bike. I already own another Fujin SL (Jaffa) for use at the track and love them both! being a bit of a magpie; I can't resist buying pretty bikes when I see them :-)
I am selling this bike as I have 7 bikes and trikes, and having two Fujin's is just one to many at the moment.

The bike has done less than 1000 miles since new in 2010. and is in pretty much immaculate condition with no chips or damage to the paint work! please see all the detailed pictures!

I have updated the chain line from the original which only had one return idler and a poor chain line under the seat, this now has a very nice chain line with no interference of the power side idler as in the basic model.
I have also added brand new Jagwire cable housings a new stainless steel inner wires.

This bike is fully and properly set up and adjusted and is ready to ride today! with no further
tinkering or twiddling needed, unless you want to of course!

IMG_9269a.jpg

The Details:
Challenge Fujin SL.
Year of manufacture 2010, Colour (Beautiful) translucent Green.
Wheels:
Shimano XT centre lock disk hubs, FH-M775 rear and HB-M775 front with DT Swiss Centre Lock disk adaptors. Spokes are doiuble butted Sapim, stainless steel. Rims are Velocity Fusion aero profile, 559 (26) rear, 406 (20") front.
Tyres are Schwalbe Durano, 28 x 559 and 28 x 406 respectively and still in new condition with no apparent signs of wear. tubes are also Schwalbe.

Brakes:
Avid BB7 Disk brakes with 160mm rotors and Avid micro adjust brake levers.
Cable outers (housings) are Jagwire CGX-SL prelubed.
Inner cables are Clarks, stainless steel universal cables.

Drive train and gearing:
Cassette is a Sram 11-32, Brand New!
Chain is a Shimano, Dura Ace HG.
Crankset is a FSA Gossemer with 30, 39, and 52 teeth rings. also included is a Driveline alloy chain guard. The cranks have been shorted to 140mm which is my preference, and a great knee saver! However if preferred, I would happily reduce the sale by £50.00 if you would like to fit your own cranks and front derailleur if needed. I would also be happy to fit them for you if you can not yourself.
Front derailleur is a Microshift, New RD-632 to match the above crankset.
Rear derailleur is a Sram X-7.
Cable outers (housings) are Jagwire LEX-SL prelubed.
Inner cables are Clarks, stainless steel universal cables.
Sram X-9 gear shifters.
Pedals are Shimano PD-M520 double sided SPD's, pretty used!

Other items:
There is a Ventisit seat pad.
An alloy day rack.
B+M Cycle Star mirror.
2 x Lezyne Flowcage SL bottle cages, which mount to the sides of the seat, I do not have these fitted I use a hydration bladder system.
Challenge headrest, which I have fitted using my tried and tested fitting method which is lighter that the challenge fixing kit, and does not rattle like the challenge fitting method. I will include the Challenge fittings also, and the holes are in the seat sides to fix these if you wish to.
The bike is Data Tagged with a UV stealth system and have 4 invisible UV markers on the frame seat and fork. this also comes with 1000 microdots in a UV solution to apply to all the components which I have not done yet. these will be included for you to apply at your own discretion. the Data Tag paperwork will be provided for transfer of ownership if required.

This is a gorgeous bike an needs no cleaning, work or improvements, you can ride off into the sunset with no worries at all!

If I missed anything please feel free to ask!

Please see all the pictures for a full 360 visual examination.

I am more than happy to have anyone come visit me and examine the Fujin without obligation. I am in the Heathrow Villages area Hillingdon, Middlesex.

If you are interested in this item please contact me via:
knotty dot bear at gmail dot com

The Price I am asking for this is:
£1,475.00 or very nearest offer!

Payment either by Bank transfer to Nationwide account, cash in hand or Paypal (please add 3.4% to total to cover paypal fees unless sending monies as to a friend)

Thank you for looking!
Take care,
Barry ;-)

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Wow. If I had some spare I'd have that it's gorgeous.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
A few weeks ago I was looking for a nice lowracer, and the Fujin SL was on my short list. But from my signature, you can see I'm now a happy Raptobike owner.....would've preferred a rear drive machine though, ther front wheel slips too often for me! Good look with the sale, looks a minter and if I had the money.....

I'm after trying shorter cranks though, so if you do sell the bike without them, can I have 1st refusal?

OP
OP
BearKnots

BearKnots

Über Member
A few weeks ago I was looking for a nice lowracer, and the Fujin SL was on my short list. But from my signature, you can see I'm now a happy Raptobike owner.....would've preferred a rear drive machine though, ther front wheel slips too often for me! Good look with the sale, looks a minter and if I had the money.....

I'm after trying shorter cranks though, so if you do sell the bike without them, can I have 1st refusal?

No worries ;-)
I used to own a bike called the Cuckoo Raaa. Front wheel drive (see my sigpic?) Really liked it for the track but I don't race really so sold it. I still have my original Fujin (Jaffa) for the track and occasional race though.
Front wheel drive does take some understanding to get the most out of it.

If the cranks don't go with the bike I will let you know.

Take care,
Barry ;-)

kimble

Veteran
Dibs! Been after one of these for ages. I'm about to set off on an audax, but I'll send a PM when I get back...

OP
OP
BearKnots

BearKnots

Über Member
Maybe it had sold before the dibs, just the OP hadn't had a chance to update the thread. It had been for sale for several weeks, possibly elsewhere too

Thank you kindly for saving me the trouble to explain. Much appreciated!

The bike was advertised in many places, and the buyer contacted me over a week ago to view the bike.

So first dibs counts for everything!
You snooze, you lose :-D

Top Bottom