[SOLD] Citroen Berlingo (spares or repair)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
doesn't 'spares or repair' mean 'knackered'?

doesn't 'spares or repair' mean 'knackered'?

... as made clear in the text:

......... and is drivable though I am unsure how far or for how long due to turbo issue listed in Mechanicals below.
Not used as a commuting car.

Mechanicals -
I have just been advised that the turbo has gone. We were thinking of selling anyway and don’t want the expense of the repairs so selling cheap.
The tip of the dipstick is missing though a new dipstick is in the boot.
New water pump and cam belt was fitted in March 2013.
Full service history from for last 6 years (i.e, from 14208 miles when I bought the car) stamped in the handbook. I also have a print out from Motorhouse in Coleford of service details from first service in Feb 2007.

The 1.6 HDi engine is a pretty poor unit TBH and the turbos on them can fail for fun.

That said spares are easy to come by and aftermarket/recon parts can keep repair costs down as well.

The tip of the dipstick breaking off was also an ongoing problem, but they superseded it with a new part and that sorted things out. The broken tip should just come out with an oil change.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
The 1.6 HDi engine is a pretty poor unit TBH and the turbos on them can fail for fun.

That said spares are easy to come by and aftermarket/recon parts can keep repair costs down as well.

The tip of the dipstick breaking off was also an ongoing problem, but they superseded it with a new part and that sorted things out. The broken tip should just come out with an oil change.

Regular oil and oil filter changes are necessary every 12k or so if you want to have a chance at avoiding turbo problems. Same issue affects Ford who share the design with Citroën.

Drago

Legendary Member
The DV6TD4 is a brilliant engine, but as Mikey points out it has 12.5k service intervals. Miss the interval by even a wee bit, or use the wrong grade oil and they bite back very quickly. Most modern engines are now this sensitive to maintenance., Just the DV was among the first

Top Bottom