SOLD ******* Custom built Kinesis T2 for sale.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrWill

Hello,

So I have just bought this bike. But unfortunately I have had an on-going issue for quite some time with carpel tunnel syndrome, and now it has gotten to be bad enough that I am not even going to be able to use this bike, sadly. So it is brand new. I have every part receipt, which can be given to the new owner.

Everything is perfect on it. It's been expertly and meticulously built. I have built many bikes over the years, and at one point for quite a while was employed in this role. Every single bolt is torqued, anti seize paste applied, chain length is perfect, clear protective tape on all cable rub sites and chianstay etc. The shifting action is flawless and instant. And the brakes are perfectly set up. It's very light, around 9kg even with the accessories on.

I spent lot of time choosing components for it. Every part choice is quality, performance and value orientated. And I think I came up with something quite special.

The itemised build listis as follows:

Kinesis black T2 frame, £184.99.
Deda Black Rain forks, £87.99.
FSA Orbit headset, £27.49.
Shimano 5800 11 Speed 50/34 11-28 Groupset, £300.
Campagnolo Zonda 2014 Wheelset, £250.
Continental GP4000s 25mm tyres, £55.
Contiinental Race inner tubes, £8.
SKS Chromoplastic narrow guards, £28.
Selle Itallia XO Special Edition Saddle and seat post, £34.
Miche Carbon/ Alu Seat post clamp, £10.
Deda Zero 2 11cm stem, £20.
Deda RHM-02 bars, £20.
Specilized Roubaix bar tape, £15.
Deda Dog Fang, £5.50.
Shimano PD-T780 XT SPD pedals, £44.49.
Swissstop Flash Pro Green brake pads, £19.54.
Token TK-B156 black aluminium bolts £6.28
Token CNC Alloy Valve Caps black, £2.24.
Elite Custom Race Stealth bottle cages, £15.

Total cost £1133.32.

I am open to offers for it. I'd like to make as much as possible back on it but I do expect a slight loss, and someone to get a bargain.

If you are local, I'll happily tune it up for you, if you want, in the future, if it needs it. Or I'll show you how. Should be fine for a long while though as I have pre-stretched all cables, which are all top of the line Shimano stuff.

I'll give the buyer a bunch of spare bits with it, chain, tubes etc.

1_zps123e2c22.jpg
2_zps002811ee.jpg
3_zpsb7b70319.jpg
7_zps900e0bec.jpg
4_zps89fb41f5.jpg
5_zpseb9dd1a7.jpg
9_zps873c146a.jpg
6_zpsad6c4189.jpg
The frame dimensions are:
Seat Tube C-T 54cm
Virtual top tube 55.6cm
Actual top tube 54.7cm
Head tube 15cm
Chainstay 42cm
Wheel base 99.8cm
BB drop 6.5cm
Seat angle 73.5
Head angle 73

I am located in Preston, Lancashire. I am willing to drive and meet you if you live far away. Or I will consider posting it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MrWill

Going to put it on Ebay today. What sort of price would anyone expect to pay for it?

vickster

Legendary Member
Alu bike with 105? £900ish perhaps?

I'd put cheaper wheels on it (like a fulcrum 7 or Shimano 501) and sell the zondas separately

adyc

Thats a lovely winter / all round bike for someone. If i had the spare cash I`d have it off you in a flash.

CRVFR

Excellent choice of components, almost exactly what I've got on my list for my n+1, a Lynskey Sportive frame that's on it's way
If you don't mind me asking, did you need to use long drop Shimano brakes (R451) with the Deda forks?

Excellent choice of components, almost exactly what I've got on my list for my n+1, a Lynskey Sportive frame that's on it's way
If you don't mind me asking, did you need to use long drop Shimano brakes (R451) with the Deda forks?
Just built one, mine has the kinesis gran fondo forks which will take standard brakes but the T2 frame and other kinesis forks require Long Reach brakes. (I'm using shimano 650 brakes).

OP
OP
M

MrWill

Hi, yep long drops for this frame and fork. I much preferred these Deda forks to the Kinesis ones after getting hold of both. Really reccomend them. And the Deda ones cost a little less! But yeah both need long drops.

CRVFR

Thanks for the info re the brakes. Guess I'll have some standard ones for sale after I buy a groupset & long drop brakes separately!

OP
OP
M

MrWill

Have had a few offers of between £800 and 900, but they are dependant on me posting it. I'm so nervous about posting something of such high value. Anyone had problems posting bikes? I'd rather drive and deliver it myself ha. But these offers have come from 500 mile round trip away so can't be doing that.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Have had a few offers of between £800 and 900, but they are dependant on me posting it. I'm so nervous about posting something of such high value. Anyone had problems posting bikes? I'd rather drive and deliver it myself ha. But these offers have come from 500 mile round trip away so can't be doing that.

Well packed up in a bike box and shipped with Paisley Freight (£22) and it will be fine.

OP
OP
M

MrWill

Pretty fed up of the sillly questions and dreaming buyers on eBay. And have just had a bloke round to look at it. Said he loves it but can't afford anything more than £500 lol.

Tired of it now. Happy to sell it cash on collection for £850. including new spare chain, tubes, park tool chain cleaner, Topeak Wedge saddle bag, and a Topeak patch kit.

No haggling will be entertained anymore in honesty. Bike is brand new with reciepts. Cost £1133, getting all the parts as cheap as possible. An equivalent bike is about £1200 but would also have cheap wheels and tyres compared to this Zonda/GP4000 combo (£305 just there). And most likley would have only a part groupset, with brakes or chainset done on the cheap. Even Kinesis want £1000 for this bike, with R501 wheels and only part Tiagra groupset and cheapy tyres.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MrWill

What does anyone think to me being able to get £200 for the Zondas seperately? Even though the Campag decals have been removed to match the bike? Considering helping someone out by selling it without the wheels, as they already have some RS30s. But is only feasable If I can get £200 for them.

vickster

Legendary Member
You can only try but if you flog on fleabay you'll lose 10% on fees plus the evil paypal's cut

Top Bottom