[SOLD] - Dawes Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjim

Legendary Member
Thats a really big bike. I would have been up for it as I am the same inside length but that top tube would have me really stretched out. I have a Saracen Skyline which was evidently made in the Dawes factory and is supposeably the same bike as the Galaxy but fitted with STIs. It is a 25" frame but the top tube is 55.5cm and I have to install a shorter stem on that for comfort.

Yorkie Martin

Hi Postman
Like the look of the Galaxy.
Quick question - I am only 6'1 but quite long (for my height) in the leg. When you say you have a 35" inside leg is that your actual measurement (inner leg down to the floor)?
Many thanks

Martin

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
They did come with racks.But they were thrown out a long time ago.Trousers are a 35 inside leg.So could be 34 ish.

Just this morning found the booklet that came with it.August 2004 i bought it.£699-99 was the retail price.I also got some money off.It had been transfered as a super galaxy when it is not.

I never said it was a super galaxy.So i think anyone with a 33-35 inside leg,could get his leg over.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Update i looked at the top tube again.After looking at Sheldon Brown.
So i now think its 58 cm c-c.
But i also put my tape from weld to weld .and i think that is 55cm.So it's not as long as i first posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom