[SOLD] First couple of miles on fixed gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Hated it!

I built this 1980 Peugeot 9 months ago, other than looking at it I hadn't ridden it in all that time...until now!

It only took a few miles up the road to know I would end up killing myself on it!

The brakes are shite, my fault as I used the originals and they need adjusting and probably new levers as I left the suicide bars on.

The bars are too low but other than that I'm sure someone who knows what they are doing can fettle it proper!

It is a 1980 Peugeot frame which was stripped, acid dipped and professionally painted although not pristine, with a brooks B17 saddle, sugino messenger crank, velo orange track pedals, charge dish wheels (originally off a Langster) and ultremo R1 tyres and it's around a 55/56 cm frame.

Offers?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344693094.009317.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344693126.440993.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344693182.291025.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344693228.192201.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344693262.806752.jpg

OP
OP
NotthatJasonKenny

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Actually I have just found out the rims are Alex Race 32 and it's a flip flop fixed/single speed hub

Rims are Alex Race 32, aluminium, sleeve joint, CNC machined sidewalls

Both hubs are 32H. Rear hub is double-threaded with a fixed cog (16T) plus lockring and a Shimano freewheel?

Taken off a 2010 Langster anyway.

I may also split the bike if there is anything in particular you want!

I've actually seen this bike, and TBH it could be stunning. I'm sure NTJK won't mind me saying, for a first resto/conversion he's done a great job, (bear in mind also it was realistically only ever going to be eye candy for him :whistle:).

The crankset and wheels are basically new, the pedals are brand new, the cables, saddle and bar tape are all brand new as well.

It's a great bike as is, but it could be a great mini project that would only take an hour or so to do.

By that I mean I'd change the bars, fettle the cables and swap the canti's for calipers, then you'd have a properly usable, cool as penguin pi$$ sorted fixed gear conversion :thumbsup:

OP
OP
NotthatJasonKenny

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
So true Smokey! I've thought about changing the bars and adding new brakes but I think I'm going to move it on and get Mrs NotthatJasonkenny a bike! If anyone has a bike to swap, 56cm, doesn't have to be a ladies although preferable, I would look at that too!

Otherwise I'll be selling the parts!

mickeydrippin60

Veteran
i have a bike you mite be intersted in. its recently restored raleigh esprit rebuilt wheels. where abouts do you live im in bolton if you wanna meet up. and ille show you mine if you show me yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom