[SOLD] - For Sale: Dahon Jetstream XP 2004 model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
As much as I like this bike, I've used it less and less over the past few months- with two road bikes that's hardly surprising- so I've decided to advertise it in the hope of finding it a new owner. £350 ono.
4891457167_f38ff832e5_b.jpg

Although this is a 2004 model, the previous owner got it in 2005. I've had it since late 2007, I've fitted quite a few upgrades (see below) and it's been regularly serviced by my LBS- if something needed doing, it's been done.
A thorough review of the original spec bike is here.

Weight: 11kg as it is above, including pedals.
Drivetrain: 52t chainring, 9 speed SRAM X9 rear derailleur, 11-32 cassette. As I decided I wanted a wider gear range, I had a rear wheel built with a SRAM DualDrive three speed hub. Gear range with current setup something in the region of 22-125", all 27 gears useable & gearing for pretty much anything. I had regular chain drop problems, the orange wheeled chain guide has sorted that (99% of the time at least).
Wheels: Front is Rolf Prima paired-spoke, 74mm hub (stock fit, still in excellent condition). Extremely light but very strong. Rear: custom-made 36-spoke on Alex DA16 rim. Both running Schwalbe Marathon 40-406 tyres (1.5 inch width), with 000s of miles wear in them.
Rear shock: Cane Creek AD-5 (custom size for this bike, hard to find as a spare part but Cane Creek's AD-5 rebuild kit does apply to this version as well). I've had a few issues with this shock- it too has been serviced regularly, but it seems to lose pressure very rapidly (that might just be my shock pump being useless). I've been therefore running the bike with the shock depressurised, which has proved much less bother- with 40mm tyres it still rides very well, no bobbing around etc. There isn't any front suspension, unlike Dahon's Jetstream P8 or the more recent XP models (now Jetstream EX).
Pedals: Shimano A530 combo flat/SPDs. I still have the stock MKS removable pedals as well.
Grips: Ergon GR2 with magnesium bar ends.
Mudguards: Dahon/SKS full length with mud flaps.
Seat post: Dahon I-beam fitting, SDG i-Flex saddle in excellent condition.
Wear & tear: In generally good condition- usual nicks and scratches. The seat post is extremely tight to get in and out of the frame when folding and unfolding due to a manufacturing defect in the seat tube, unfortunately nothing could be done to sort that. If you want the most compact fold, it would be easier to whip the post out altogether.

It's not the smallest folded package, but despite the seat post issue it's quick and easy to fold & unfold when needed. It's an agile, comfortable and surprisingly quick bike. It's an ideal commuter, but I've done many long rides, including multiple FNRttCs, on it.
Any questions, just ask. More pictures here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom