[SOLD] - For sale - Garmin Edge 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterdowning

Veteran
I have a brand new, never used Garmin Edge 500 for sale. Still in box with all original wrapping, literature etc. Bought in December as an early Xmas present to myself :-)
Reason for sale is that it is the blue and white version and my bike is red and black and it just doesn't go. Sad, I know.... and I now own the black/graphite version.

It's the head unit only - i.e. no heart rate monitor or cadence sensor etc. (I already owned the Edge 705 and the HRM and CS work fine with the Edge 500 so I didn't need them.)

Would like £140-ish for it - which is what I paid - plus P & P (or you can collect).

Noodley

You want the same as what you paid? :wacko: PLUS extra to post it! :ohmy:

OP
OP
peterdowning

peterdowning

Veteran
You want the same as what you paid? :wacko: PLUS extra to post it! :ohmy:
?

Is this an expression of interest? :rolleyes: Probably not.

If you read it the post, you'll see I added '-ish' to the end of the price to indicate I'm not really expecting the full price. Maybe a bit subtle for 11pm on a Saturday night? Sorry. How about I say £50-ish and we negotiate the price upwards? Or name your price?

I'm sure you can find a brand new one cheaper from someone on the web with no postage. Handtec have them at £143.99 plus £3.99 P & P.

OP
OP
peterdowning

peterdowning

Veteran
Best ebay it me thinks then thumbsup.png

It sounds like I will be forced to. In the spirit of things all things Cycle Chat I thought I'd see if anyone on here wanted first dibs and I never said the price was fixed (or stated a fee for p & p). I'd have been happy to negotiate so we all came out of it with a warm and cuddly feeling. However, the Cycle Chat moral minority are moving in so if anyone wants it they'd better move quickly.

Noodley

Must just be me as -ish in my language means as near to the named price as possible.

I'll offer you £80 posted, which is probably fair. If not, fair enough.

OP
OP
peterdowning

peterdowning

Veteran
Must just be me as -ish in my language means as near to the named price as possible.

I'll offer you £80 posted, which is probably fair. If not, fair enough.

Must just be you. As a seller, -ish means as near to the named price as possible.

If £80 posted is 'as near to the named price as possible' for you, then I respectfully reject your offer. It was higher than £50-ish but not high enough. How did you arrive at £80 as 'probably fair'? Fact or opinion?

Thanks for the interest.

Noodley

It is what I usually do when selling - if new then half the new price (and add on 10 or 20 quid if over £100). If used then go for a bit lower but factor in about 5 quid max for postage. Unless it is an unique item.

Bargains sell, 'I wanna get as much as I can" does not. In my experience.

But as I said, fair enough.

You probably could get more.

Noodley

Although I have, a few times, sold stuff at a lot less than I asked as I'd rather have it go to someone who could use it <and have some cash in my wallet...>

henshaw11

Bear in mind, *new* comes with a warranty, they're not user repairable and there's a risk element - your sale price has to reflect that to some degree IMO - the standard repair price from Garmin is around 80 quid I believe

Ebay would have been a good place tbh, things tend to go for more than new on there, and yours is new itself!

(granted fees, but might have broken even still).

[QUOTE 1363079"]
Battery issues aside (which can be overcome) I'd question the future of these things given that there are smartphone apps which will do the same.
[/quote]

Don't question it, watch it - you will see more and more sold. :tongue:

water proof and reliable vs temperamental and flimsy.

If anything, the software, will probably encourage more people to take the next step and buy.

There has "always" been smart phone apps around, that could do such, just not in the limelight (and unlike these days, the older applications were more often free).

I get all that, I just don't think the sales of cycle GPS computers etc will be affected by such - except a possible increase. It's not like prices of these things won't decrease overtime either making it more attractive.

(and I use Endomondo myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom