[SOLD] - For Sale Islabikes Beinn 20 small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
It is a Beinn 20 small. Exact measurements in case they have changed it since we bought it about 4-5 years back, are

• BB to centre of top tube/join with seat tube 22.5cm
  • BB to top of seat tube/seatpost clamp 27cm
Review here http://www.bikeradar...beinn-20in-9631

If you are like me you only want the best bikes and this is one! My son had it then handed it to her sister. She was ok up to last summer aged 8.5 but now she is 9 we have upgraded to her bro's 24" wheel handmedown and got him the 26" version. So this one fine for a 5 to 8 yr old, possibly 9 if small.

Condition: been in garden but undercover over winter (was previously indoors or in shed). Hence a few non stainless surfaces are now rusted (eg inside surface of allen bolts, sides of cassette cogs) but all 100% functional. I have serviced the brakes and gears and they all work fine. The Grip Shift changer is not easy in my view. They choose them as they are simple to understand, but particularly to crank them into the easiest gear is not ideal for a 5 yr old. I can do it fine. I have replaced the gear cable today and it clicks very easily when not under strain.

The frame has minor chips and scuffs as you would expect from a bike that has been used by kids. But all working and tyres and wheels in good condition. The whole thing has not done many miles as we live in the centre of a hilly town with narrow roads. So mainly summer and much less than I would like!

Have just taken a load of pics, here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2116996&id=1138321529&l=67e040c09b

New is £250. One sold recently on Ebay for £185. One of similar vintage is currently on Ebay here http://cgi.ebay.co.u...679374900493829 and already at £123 with 3 days to go. So my asking price is £130. If it does not sell at this price I will Ebay it this weekend and take pot luck

I live in Winchester so free to pop in if you are near. If you do buy it I can post for cost which from experience should be about £20 with RM.

Happy cycling!

Jay

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
I will be ebaying this over the weekend in case you want to get in early. They are usually snapped up fast so I am puzzled at the lack of interest. Any idea?

I will be ebaying this over the weekend in case you want to get in early. They are usually snapped up fast so I am puzzled at the lack of interest. Any idea?

Same with mine (the one that went for £185 on ebay). I left it here a week at £140 and no interest. I think it's just the luck of the draw, who's looking and when. As I needed the dosh, the replacement bike was already bought, I put it on ebay. I was shocked at the price it went for, especially as one bloke had come around to see it with his son and I was willing to flog it to him for £140 but he didn't want to buy it there and then. He was outbid at 183 in the last few seconds.

Yours is a great price and in good condition. If anyone is thinking of getting one, snap this up fast, it's a bargain.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
thanks Crackle, the fiver's in the post!

Selling to a CC member reduces the hassle, but it will be Ebayed Sunday evening once that other one sells and I can quote what it went for

Julian

PS the bit about the fiver was a joke!

ashleygreen14

I'm interested in the bike. What condition are wheel rims, brake pads and tyres in, please?

Could you also confirm cassette size? And chainring? Thanks.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
I did email Ashley back....

It is 36 front and 14-28 back. All rims, tryes brakes etc in excellent condition.

Can email pics on request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom