[SOLD] - For sale specialized secteur elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cnb

Veteran
For sale specialized secteur elite 54.8cm frame,2010..Excellent condition,,shimano 105. I made the mistake of buying the bike without a test ride and now find that its too large for me..I'm asking for offers around £500.. I have only been out on a couple of dry rides so this bike is as new..I did advertise it a few weeks ago on this forum but a few members talked me out of selling it.But i am slightly stretched on it,..

Attachments

• 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    642.8 KB · Views: 377
OP
OP
cnb

cnb

Veteran
Hello. I have had no takers on the bike at £500..I have taken the decision too reduce the asking price to £400.. The secteur is in excellent condition. a bargain ...

Cyclist33

Not what you want to hear but there are advantages to having a bike on the slightly bigger side... longer wheelbase means more inches per revolution I think; it might actually be the right size but just feel wrong at the mo, if youve only done a couple of miles. My roadster feels more stretched than my previous, and smaller, flat bar roadie but it is a better size for me. The stretched feel is natural and if you keep riding it your body will adapt, it might even straighten out your posture too.

Also, put the saddle forward a bit and lower the seatpost a cm at a time. Im in the process of this on my new bike at the moment and it is making a difference in its "right"-ness.

Stu

TobyM

For sale specialized secteur elite 54.8cm frame,2010..Excellent condition,,shimano 105. I made the mistake of buying the bike without a test ride and now find that its too large for me..I'm asking for offers around £500.. I have only been out on a couple of dry rides so this bike is as new..I did advertise it a few weeks ago on this forum but a few members talked me out of selling it.But i am slightly stretched on it,..
Just wondering - how tall are you?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If the bike is only slightly too big for you then the most obvious thing to do is to put a shorter stem on it! I normally ride a 58 cm bike but I can ride 56 cm with longer stems and 60 cm with shorter stems.

longer wheelbase means more inches per revolution I think

Er, not if the wheels are the same size as other bikes!

OP
OP
cnb

cnb

Veteran
I'm 5'7ish....
Just wondering - how tall are you?

TobyM

I have to agree with others here, it's probably the right size for you! However, if you're set on selling it then it's your choice. I wish I had enough money to offer you a decent price!

DCCD

Über Member

I'm 5ft 7 and bought a small Sectuer Elite - it just felt more comfortable (for me).
The medium made it a stretched feeling (for me), its down to rider preference, so if you feel its too big , try the next size down before making your final decision to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom