[SOLD] - For sale specialized secteur elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get the stem changed, cost £20, Specialized bikes do seem to come with long one (the one on my Sirrus was way too long), even flipping it may help

TobyM

As much as I agree with everyone else, I'll take it off your hands for £350 (if it's possible for me to get a train to wherever you are!). I know that's a very low price, but someone's got to make an offer!

For sale specialized secteur elite 54.8cm frame,2010..Excellent condition,,shimano 105. I made the mistake of buying the bike without a test ride and now find that its too large for me..I'm asking for offers around £500.. I have only been out on a couple of dry rides so this bike is as new..I did advertise it a few weeks ago on this forum but a few members talked me out of selling it.But i am slightly stretched on it,..

Where are you? North East England?

lesley_x

Über Member
Another thought - it's difficult to tell as your wheel is turned in a bit, but the handlebars don't look at the right angle? Possibly could adjust those?

It's such a nice bike, it would be rubbish to see you make such a loss on it if the fit could be adjusted to make you more comfy!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I'm with the others on this one - I do think it's worth fitting a shorter stem first. It's worth making the stem adjustment and give it a bit of time. I think you'd lose a lot of money to sell the bike at that price and you won't be able to recoup the cost to get the size you think you need.

I honestly do feel that this bike is the right frame size for you, if you want to sell it, it's your call but try swapping the stem first and also the tweaks to the set up once this is done can make a world of difference. It does take time to adjust to a new bike especially if you're coming from flat bars to drops.

Stick with it.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
It takes time to get comfortable on a roadbike. When I got my Scott Speedster (5ft 9.5 and its a 56 cm) I felt very stretched so got a shorter stem and flipped it upwards.

After about 6 months I put the original stem back on and it felt ok then.

Riding the bike has made my back more flexible than before,

Lance Armstrong rides a 58 cm Trek and is 5ft 10 tall.

If you posted a pic of you sat on it clipped in with pedals at lowest point you may get some more informed feedback .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom