[sold] FS - Winwood MuddyCross Carbon Disc Forks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
PRICE REDUCTION £140 shipped or £130 collected - £150 shipped or £140 collected in the UK, payment via paypal gift, bank tranx or cash on collection. This is about a 30% reduction in what I paid though they seem to be far more expensive now, if you can find them.

Okie dokie, here we have an extremely lightly used pair of forks. I replaced them a while ago but have only just got around to taking pics etc. They are in immaculate condition this is another result of my irrational fear of carbon. Now using steel unicrown forks which are nowhere near as attractive but I'm happier. Pics:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37729119@N08/6582245095/in/photostream

There is one small blemish on the back of the crown where a mudguard fitting rubbed. This is on the alloy crown and you can see about 3mm of the crown directly above where the fork is drilled, I have tried to show this in closeup in the pics. Specs:-

Carbon blades and alloy crown and steerer, drilled and eyeletted for mudguards
Clearance - I found a 700x42 tyre with full guards was comfortable, I believe 700x44 is the official clearance
Disc brake only, 160mm rotor IS mount and forks are rated up to tandem use
Weight - 682g
Axle to Crown - 398mm
Rake - 45mm
Steerer - 1 1/8 300mm and is uncut

the forks have only been used on road and with a Hope headset. So a press fit crown race and an allen key fit bung rather than a star nut. As in they haven't been bashed around at all. They have covered a total of about 150 road miles, no crashes and no dings of any kind.

scotty110788

I've been looking for while at CF disk forks and have been struggling to find some for my budget. I dont have a clue at all on fittings/sizes etc... I have Boardman hybrid comp, Large frame, you think they would fit that, brakes for it i believe are avid 5s? 1 more question i have sks commuting mudguards, does it hav attattment on sides for it? ^_^

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Hi Scotty, honest answer is I don't know but I think so, I've had a look on the Boardman site but it doesn't give full spec details. Perhaps you have full details in the literature with the bike. As long as the steerer tube on your forks is a straight 1 1/8" then these would fit. To match up you need to know:-

your existing steerer tube - that's the tube at the top of the forks that slides through the head tube of the bike. The pictures don't look like a tapered steerer but I can't be certain

axle to crown of your existing forks - these ones are 398mm, which is fairly long and hence the extra tyre clearance. It shouldn't make a huge difference but it may slacken the head angle slightly, shortening reach, increasing trail and raising the BB, if these forks are longer, vice versa if they are shorter.

fork rake - these are 45mm, coupled with the 73 degree HT angle of the Boardman, and assuming no huge difference in AtoC length then that would equate to a trail number around the 57mm mark....which would seem about right for a fast hybrid.

On the mudguard front I can be positive, yes they will accept full SKS guards and have all the necessary drillings. Though you do have to be creative with the stays around the disc brake caliper, but I'm sure you know that anyway. Personally I cut one stay off altogether and just run one on the left and two on the right, rather than bending them round. Oh and will work fine with the BB5 brakes as well.

Sorry if I've just confused you here but there isn't enough detail on the boardman site for me to be certain....Al

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

folks these will be heading to the bay tomorrow evening, due to fees etc I am open to any reasonable offers in the meantime....Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom