SOLD: Genesis Croix de Fer 20 (2015), 56cm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
IMG_2485.JPG

Bought new by me in March 2015 and used for commuting so regularly maintained and kept in good, clean working order. Had an 'off' (June '15) which resulted in me breaking a few bones but the Croix only suffered scratched brifters and derailleur, so I used this as an excuse to upgrade... New 105 shifters and rear mech were fitted plus I opted at the time to get the Croix checked over, serviced and setup by local mechanic and wheel-building guru Mark Leadbetter (what a difference his input made by the way... the Croix was super smooth compared to the shop setup only 2 months prior!).

Mudguards and dynamo lighting had been fitted since day one but have been removed and transferred to my replacement flat-bar Whyte, so the front wheel has really only done a few rides. Comes with Schwalbe Marathon Supreme 700x32C tyres and M520 SPD pedals. New KMC-X10 chain, 12-28 cassette and brake pads front/rear were recently fitted ~380 miles ago.

The Croix is a versatile bike and ideal for all-year, all-weather mile munching and this one has served me very well for just over 5,000 miles. It's in very good condition but certainly not mint, having the odd mark here and there as expected – it's always been 100% dependable with a quiet, comfy ride and I'm only selling as I hope a change of bike to a flat-bar will re-invigorate my enthusiasm for the commute.

Looking for £600 and would prefer cash on collection please from Tillicoultry FK13 (Central Scotland).

PM if interested :okay:

More photos here – https://flic.kr/s/aHskPAQT3e

Johnno260

Veteran
Very nice bike, I had Alexrims on my old Hybrid those things glided along so smooth, they had Chosen hubs the rear one sounded different but cool.

Best of luck selling, that's a gorgeous looking bike.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
I'd really like the Genesis to go to a new home in the next few weeks so the price is now reduced to £550... (I may even be persuaded to accept a bit less if you want to make a sensible offer)

Top Bottom