SOLD: Ladies Team Raleigh (Circa late 80's)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here's my wife's late 1980's Team Raleigh Looking for £60-ish

Its a dropped cross bar steel frame. Its got heavy duty puncture resistant touring tyres that were fitted relatively recently and was serviced by my LBS and the bars re-taped less than a month ago. I fitted a new indexed derailler and butterfly indexed levers (both 7 speed) last year its on a 6 speed free-wheel though. The front light shown is not included

There are obviously some chips and scratches on the frame and the chrome rims are tarnished/pitted but do clean up reasonably well. It has been used every week day by Mrs V since purchased two years and never let her down.. Only for sale as she wanted something a bit sportier/lighter and we picked up a Boardman Race at the right money.

Collection only from Burton on Trent or Swadlincote area. Any questions please ask in thread or P.M me. bike 2.jpg bike.jpg bike 3.jpg

OP
OP
simon the viking
£50.00 anyone.... would make a great ladies town/pub bike......

Edit: Please don't make me put it on ebay... can't be bothered with all the scammers on there now

OP
OP
simon the viking
I showed the piccie to mrs ck but shes not interested and tbh she finds a girls 24 " wheel hybrid is the right size for her as shes vertically challenged.
Mrs V is about 5.4 and seats right down but frame styles have changed cause her new boardman looks massive next to it but its showing at least 2 inches of seat post! she road it yesterday for the first time in weeks and said she'd forgotten how short the reach to the bars was...... (and how S**t the brakes on chrome rims were in the wet)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mrs V is about 5.4 and seats right down but frame styles have changed cause her new boardman looks massive next to it but its showing at least 2 inches of seat post! she road it yesterday for the first time in weeks and said she'd forgotten how short the reach to the bars was...... (and how S**t the brakes on chrome rims were in the wet)
4 foot 7 " ...........

OP
OP
simon the viking
4 foot 7 " ...........
It probably would be a bit big as its on 700c wheels.... but looking at the photo I posted I can't believe how low the seat is.... I reckon her feet must be almost flat on the floor.... but when I set the Boardman up, I made sure she was on tip toes.... but she still won't go clipless... espescilly after her first off on it..... when she rang me to tell me I wondered how long I had to be worried/concerned about her for..... before I could ask about the bike

Top Bottom