[SOLD] - Old Man Mountain Red Rocks Pannier Rack - Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK - and another item for the clearout, just wishing that the house looked emptier rather than fuller!

We have a used (but perfectly fine) Old Man Mountain Red Rocks Rear Pannier Rack. Designed to go on a bike that has rack bosses, with disc breaks and can be fitted to a bike with or without brake bosses.

The clamps with it are around the 22mm diameter mark I think - can't put my hands on a tape measure or ruler in the chaos that is our home at the moment, I'm afraid. And includes the unused brake boss attachments. It will apparently take a maximum load of 60lbs but we have not tested that!

There are a couple of wear points where the panniers have been on the rack which can be seen in the photo.

For info on the rack, see here and here for it fitted to a bike (not ours). Carradice of Nelson are the only UK supplier and sell it for £65

IMG_0833.JPG

I would be looking for £20 to include P&P unless you are purchasing something else from me and we can combine postage.

Hi Emma .. i cant see anything about the Redrock being disc brake compatible on the website only the sherpa and cold springs ?

if yours is definately ok for disc brakes then i'l take it please (pm me your details)

Simon

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Hi Simon - think you need either sleep or more caffine :whistle: its pasted all over the place on the website including the middle picture on the OMM website being a disc brake bike... and the first link, bottom right picture is also a disc brake bike... never mind...

"Our rear racks offer something for everyone. The Cold Springs and Sherpa mount to your brake bosses and axle. This design allows them to fit nearly any type of frame including frames: without rack eyelets, with small rear triangles, with disc-brakes, and even with rear suspension."

Lets put it this way - it has just come off my husbands bike which is a specialized rockhopper expert with disc brakes.
If you want it, its yours, just double check that your bike has rack bosses, this rack needs them.

Emma

theloafer

Legendary Member
hi aramok
do you think it would fit my cube see pics thanks cube1.jpg cube2.jpg cube3.jpg if you think it will i shall take it of your hands mate

cheers larry

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Hi larry -

not 100% sure without knowing a little more about the bike like exact model, but they do appear to be rack mounts. Are they on exactly the same level on both sides of the bike. The instructions for fitting, say that the screw size is M5 for the lower eyelets as they call them.

The brakes side of things does not really matter becuase not only will it mount using the brake bosses it will also mount via the brake stays. Worst case scenario you may need a trip to an LBS or local hardware store to pick up some cheap clamps, but it does look feasible. It has come off my husband's Specialzed Rockhopper Expert, but I do know that this model rack would not go on my Scott Scale 40 becuase it did not have the rack eyelets.

Emma

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Well I have to say having found the 2011 model, it certainly looks very likely. (there are the same holes on your 2008 model as the 2011 model. Are the holes concerned 5mm diameter? (assuming M5 = 5mm here!) if they are, then I would hazard a guess at it being compatible. The holes are in a slightly different place (within a cm or so) as my husbands bike My link, if you zoom in on the rear wheel you will see what I mean.

Emma

theloafer

Legendary Member
hi emma
thanks for your quick reply ..going to take a gamble i should be able to sort some thing out will take it plz how would you like payment can do paypal or cheque

larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom