Sold one / Bought one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Its a rare thing for me to sell a bike. I cannot recall the last time one of my bikes left the family.

But I had a carbon Di2 bike in the workshop which I rarely used and have never really got on with. It was in perfect condition and the gears were a novelty for a while. I took a few photos and posted in FB marketplace, not expecting much to happen. Within 5 minutes I had 6 enquiries. That was a suprise. ^_^ The first guy asked if he could send me a deposit and he would collect it the following day. (How dodgy is that?) Well it was not dodgy at all. The deposit went straight into my account and he came the following day and paid the balance and was delighted with the bike. I could have sold it a dozen times.

I was shocked at how simple it was. So much so, I sold my motorbike the same way a few days later. My motorbike took about 5 hours to sell. There is a danger that I may sell all the contents of my house now. ^_^^_^

So now I was down to 6 bikes and a scooter. I am 65 and do not need any more bikes...........But you know what its like. ^_^^_^^_^

I hoping to ride in the Pan Celtic Race next year. If my bike turns up this time. ;)

I started looking for something lighter than what I have now and without a dynamo hub and a 1x chainring. I can tell you now that buying a bike is so much more difficult than selling one. The choice is mind boggling and it is difficult to know where to start and finish. I started with a budget. A good place to start if you do not want to keep disappointing yourself, time and time again. Then I made a list of what I wanted. Full carbon, drop bar, at least 40c tyres, 1x chainring, big cassette, plenty of mounting points. Then you have to match the budget with the wish list and that is not easy.

After a couple of days I came up with the Ridley Kanzo New Adventure 2023. It ticked all the boxes and the clincher was the colour scheme. Then the crushing blow that it is sold out everywhere in my size, at the price I wanted to pay. This is where another layer of the onion starts. Finding one online and dealing with someone who you hope is not a scammer.

I came upon 2Pedalz near Newport Pagnell. I made some enquiries on several bike sites and everyone has good things to say about them. I got in touch and they have been great to work with. deposit paid and hopefully the bike will be in come November. I am in no rush.

I am hoping things continue to go smoothly and the bike will look like this when it arrives.

https://www.elmycycles.co.uk/m12b0s340p5653/Ridley-Kanzo-Adventure-2023

Attachments

• Ridley 1.jpg
    Ridley 1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Ridley 3.jpg
    Ridley 3.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Ridley 4.jpeg
    Ridley 4.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Ridley 7.jpg
    Ridley 7.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Ridley 8.jpg
    Ridley 8.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 22

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
That’s a great looking bike, love the colour👍
Merlin look have them in stock at a reduced price;
https://www.merlincycles.com/ridley..._medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=genieshopping

Top Bottom