SOLD - Pashley PDQ recumbent - £350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I bought the PDQ from @mrandmrspoves of this parish, but I'm really not using it enough to warrant the space it takes up. Hence, it's up for sale.
The PDQ is in very good condition for a 20 (ish) year old bicycle. it has fitted mudguards, a rack and Shimano double sided pedals (SPD/Flat). The rear wheel has a SRAM dual hub meaning it has a 3 speed (like an old Sturmer Archer) as well as a 7 speed derailleur which gives a full 21 gears with a good wide range. It is also possible to manually move the chain onto a different chain ring at the front giving even more choice. It does take a little practice to get used to riding a recumbent bicycle - but the PDQ was considered to be one of the easier ones to learn on. I am not in a rush to sell so will see if there's any interest on here before I list on eBay. Inspection positively welcome. I can deliver within a certain range - at cost.
It can be taken on a train, as below.
Asking £350.
pdq.jpg

Last edited:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Hmmmmm....

No need to count pennies, but although I've always wanted a play on a recumbent I'm not sure that would be my favourite style. And I don't know what @rvw would say, since the garage is already quite full.

How adjustable for size is it?

srw

It feels like a very polite bidding war is in the offing. I'd like to come and inspect - are you around on Sunday @TheDoctor?

In the interests of full disclosure, if I end up buying it because I like riding it and no-one else gets in first I will be using it as an incentive for myself to lose weight. And if I don't lose that weight it will go straight to someone else on the forum.

Thank goodness there's a lot of interest as this was yet another bike that screamed 'buy me' at me but sadly I don't have the funds. I'd still love to try a recumbent one day.

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'm around on Sunday, yes. I'll PM my address and phone number.
I may well solicit some pricing hints for another n-1 @biggs682 . I have a Carlton I need to sell too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've had a quick measure. There's about 2 inches of 'in' adjustment on the boom, and about 5 inches of 'out'.
I'd therefore suggest that anyone of less than, say, 165cm in height will struggle, and anyone who's more than 190cm will probably need a bit more chain.
This is all guesstimation though - recumbent sizing is something of a mystery to me.
As in the photo, there's a rear light (the front one is broken) a mirror, and a rackpack and panniers if you want them.
It *should* fit in a biggish hatch or estate, but if I was delivering it to Reg then I'd use the train, as I know it'll fit in one of them!

srw

@User
@roadrash
@biggs682

It is safely stored in my garage. If I don't shortly make some sort of public commitment as to the terms under which I'm allowing myself to keep it, prod me. It'll probably be a few weeks yet before I have a chance to learn to ride a bike again - I need to focus on our tour and the Ride London 100 miler, but in due course I'll be out on the green in front of the house so that I've got somewhere soft to fall on to.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@User
@roadrash
@biggs682

It is safely stored in my garage. If I don't shortly make some sort of public commitment as to the terms under which I'm allowing myself to keep it, prod me. It'll probably be a few weeks yet before I have a chance to learn to ride a bike again - I need to focus on our tour and the Ride London 100 miler, but in due course I'll be out on the green in front of the house so that I've got somewhere soft to fall on to.

Enjoy and thanks for saving me from another purchase

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
@User
@roadrash
@biggs682

In common with every other time I've tried to teach someone how to ride a recumbent / penny farthing / other non-bike shaped wrongness, there was a certain amount of falling over / off involved...

Top Bottom