Sold - Raleigh Lenton Marque III - Reynolds 531. £20.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TTSS

Über Member
For sale: Raleigh Lenton Marque III. Reynolds 531.

Has a tiny ding in the top tube but it's so small, it won't photograph properly.

Seat post and stem both move freely.

Bottom bracket nice and smooth.

4 Speed Sturmey Archer gears all work.

Tyres are shot and need replacing but currently hold air.

Rims are in need of a good clean but they run true with no dents or damage.

Bearings all seem to fine as well.

Ripe for a mild restoration, will be a lovely bike for someone.

Not asking a kings' ransom for it as I want it to go to someone that will hopefully cherish it.

I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall and it's set up for my height in the picture.

I rode this today and I'm still here to tell the tale !

Cash on collection please from the GL2 area of Gloucestershire.

£30.

Attachments

• RL1.jpg
    RL1.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 37
  • RL2.jpg
    RL2.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
OP
OP
TTSS

TTSS

Über Member
Must be someone interested at £20 ?

D

Deleted member 1258

It looks like it'd make someone a nice runabout, unfortunately its to big for me.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Gloucester is too far for me (and I suspect most people). If you want to sell a bike locally then try Gumtree or Facebook.

OP
OP
TTSS

TTSS

Über Member
I am so tempted, but it's a 260 mile round trip...

Got a nice lady coming tomorrow night.

I'm amazed at the others that are for sale atm, they're silly money and tbh, I'd rather see it going to someone that's actually going to use it.

It's 1958/9 the last year they were made in this guise.

She's clued up about it so hopefully, she'll take it.

The lady was a no show but it sold to a member Mon a different forum that currently has another one .

She missed a real bargain there. A few little tweaks to the bars and stem and that would be a really nice bike.
Am I right in assuming that the wheel rims are steel? If so that might be another slight improvement to make.

OP
OP
TTSS

TTSS

Über Member
She missed a real bargain there. A few little tweaks to the bars and stem and that would be a really nice bike.
Am I right in assuming that the wheel rims are steel? If so that might be another slight improvement to make.

They are but they run true, spin nice and the 4 speed hub is nice and smooth as well. Probably best to wait imho.

They are but they run true, spin nice and the 4 speed hub is nice and smooth as well. Probably best to wait imho.

The only reason I said it might be an improvement to make is the better braking on an alloy rim, but if it is going to be used for easy rides it is not too much of a problem.

I am just an inveterate fiddler with bikes and always have to change something.

Top Bottom