SOLD Raleigh SP Race 54cm frameset - £10 - collection from Dewsbury, West Yorks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
As I've done a frameset swap my previous 2012 Raleigh SP Race frameset is available here - asking £10 only.

It's based on the U6 carbon frame from Raleigh with 1 1/8" tapered Formigli forks. All in black with red and silver detailing. There's a headset and seatpost clamp and the cables have been left in place.

PXL_20231022_172923122.jpg

Used as a winter bike for the past two years and not crashed. Or at least not by me. I've covered just over 10,000km / 6,200 miles in that time.

However ... the frame has had a repair on the lower downtube on both sides by Winder Boats in Keighley, who I'd recommend for carbon frame repairs. It's been no problem since being done but they only do black so I had silver tape over. It looks like the previous owner clamped the frame too tight or had a crash, which may explain why the forks were changed ... then wasn't entirely honest. Also, the forks show some light wear on the front edge from a stem - as per the photo. As a result, rather than take any risks I've had this on the turbo trainer since the Spring.

PXL_20231022_173011638.jpg

PXL_20231022_172932532.jpg

It takes a press-fit BB30 bottom bracket (I used a Rotor 30-24 which screws together), has a 34.9 seatpost and rides nicely. Being sold as I picked up a Merida frame that I can also use to commute in emergencies.

Asking just £10 collected from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF12 to a CC member. It'd make a nice turbo frameset and is probably usable on the road.

PXL_20231022_172947754.jpg

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
I'd take it if it's still available?

Was looking for a frame / bike to leave with my parents in Dorset for the occasional ride and this would be a nice winter project for my Dad and I?

Pm sent.

Cheers James

Top Bottom