SOLD Rare Nigel Dean Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Rare Nigel Dean " Edge" road racing bike with Reynolds 531c tubing and 531 forks so nice and light with great responsive handling . 22" or 56 cm sized frame measured from centre of crank to centre of seat pinch bolt and same measurement along the top tube with a standover height of 33" .

nice condition for its age of 20+ years green to white fade on paintwork , full shimano 105 groupset ie brakes gears and wheel hubs laced to mavic open 4cs rims with Hutchison Kevlar hp25 tyres .

very small dent on top tube and a few areas around the headtube and top tube where paint loss has led to slight rusting would clean up and re paint fine .

2 sets of bottle cage mounts , 27.2 mm seat post size , 100mm cinnelli stem and cinnelli criterium bars .

headset just overhauled , new inner and outer brake cables nice to ride

please note black saddle and bronze coloured seat post and pedals hown in pics are not the ones that will be fitted when sold light set not included either . 2 ROLLS OF BLACK BAR TAPE INCLUDED

asking £125 collected from nn8 Wellingborough Northamptonshire or £145 sent via a 2 working day courier service to most uk post codes

sold as seen .

i wanted this to become my winter bike but it just has not hit my "spot" so its got to go

dean.jpg

Last edited:
Not so rare, then seem to be a lot of them for sale in cycle chat
Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 11.08.17.jpg

:smile: sorry! you've clearly fallen victim of the duplicate posting bug

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
have had a few questions re this and its condition

well being honest i would budget for some new tyres , poss chain and cass as when pedaling every so often it feels like a stiff link but all look ok ?

so in relation to above open to offers

Great. Very interested. Need to pop over to view once festivities are out of the way. Will PM you.

Thanks for the bike biggs682. Couldn't resist and took her for a spin for 15 miles when we got home. Ride is like a dream and would agree that the intermittent "knock" is probably the BB. Was more pronounced on the hills. Will be fitting the 7 speed cassette I have, to give me a bit more gearing because it was a tad to high for me.

Off to the LBS tomorrow to get the BB, new saddle and some new peddles so I can clip in.

Really happy.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thanks for the bike biggs682. Couldn't resist and took her for a spin for 15 miles when we got home. Ride is like a dream and would agree that the intermittent "knock" is probably the BB. Was more pronounced on the hills. Will be fitting the 7 speed cassette I have, to give me a bit more gearing because it was a tad to high for me.

Off to the LBS tomorrow to get the BB, new saddle and some new peddles so I can clip in.

Really happy.
glad to hear it

thanks for the kind words

Top Bottom