***SOLD*** Specialized Shiv A1 TT - 54cm (medium)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Decided to knock TTs on the head. So i have this TT bike up for sale

Specialized Shiv A1
Full sram apex groupset
53/39 crankset
11/28 cassette
ISM Adamo TT saddle
Zipp vukka Alloy cockpit
split 40/90 carbon clincher wheels
Conti gp4000s II 25mm tyres
Carbon spd-sl pedals
Venge aero seatpost

This bike has done approx 20TTs and is in mint condition.

The whole set-up complete with wheels, groupset changes and cockpit change would come to around £1500

I'm looking for £650 plus £20 shipping
via paypal gift only

20160303_164210-1.jpg

wisdom

Guru
Bargain for someone good luck with the sale

Sharky

Guru
Don't be too hasty, cycling has a habit of breaking up with people and then getting back together again. Keep it the garage wall for a while, you never know .....

Andywinds

Don't be too hasty, cycling has a habit of breaking up with people and then getting back together again. Keep it the garage wall for a while, you never know .....
I got the impression that he was breaking up with TTs rather than cycling as a whole.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Its been hanging up since april last year when illness forced me out last season........just cant get up for the fight anymore.

So down with TTs only and not cycling altogether

Sharky

Guru
Its been hanging up since april last year when illness forced me out last season........just cant get up for the fight anymore.

So down with TTs only and not cycling altogether
No need to fight it. I've had times when I got married, started having children, redundancies, broken bones etc. and TT's have been half seasons or missed seasons. Thought I'd given it all up when I was 48, but a few years later enthusiasm returned and now retired and looking forward to the new season.

If you can afford to keep it, give it a year or so and you'll be back. If you get rid of it, it's going to be a lot harder if you change your mind in the future.

But it's good you are not giving up cycling.
Cheers Keith

OP
OP
J

jowwy

No need to fight it. I've had times when I got married, started having children, redundancies, broken bones etc. and TT's have been half seasons or missed seasons. Thought I'd given it all up when I was 48, but a few years later enthusiasm returned and now retired and looking forward to the new season.

If you can afford to keep it, give it a year or so and you'll be back. If you get rid of it, it's going to be a lot harder if you change your mind in the future.

But it's good you are not giving up cycling.
Cheers Keith
Thanks keith....

I can afford to keep it, financials are not a problem....im just done with training/cycling fo times rather than just enjoyment. Also TTs impact on my life in a way that i dont want anymore.

So its going.....

If you know anyone wanting/looking then drop me a pm

Sharky

Guru
Thanks keith....

I can afford to keep it, financials are not a problem....im just done with training/cycling fo times rather than just enjoyment. Also TTs impact on my life in a way that i dont want anymore.

So its going.....

If you know anyone wanting/looking then drop me a pm
It can be a commitment.
Your bike looks good, almost tempting, but what's those metal bits on the rear wheel?

Good luck for the future
Keith

OP
OP
J

jowwy

It can be a commitment.
Your bike looks good, almost tempting, but what's those metal bits on the rear wheel?

Good luck for the future
Keith
Its the speed magnet for the garmin

Tin Pot

Guru
If only it was a 52 top tube :sad:

Oh wait the top tube is 53 according to the geometry for a Medium.

Hmm...

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
Its the speed magnet for the garmin
Sorry Jowwy, trying to add a bit of humour.

I was referring to those sprocketey things on the back wheel. You seem to have about 10 more then I have on mine - all that extra weight!

Cheers Keith

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Sorry Jowwy, trying to add a bit of humour.

I was referring to those sprocketey things on the back wheel. You seem to have about 10 more then I have on mine - all that extra weight!

Cheers Keith
Sorry sharky......you could switch it to single speed

Top Bottom