[SOLD] Stainless cantilever / V-brake-mount front rack / bag holder [SOLD]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
One stainless steel front rack that mounts to cantilever / v-brake bosses on the front fork. Rack is around 125mm wide, 300mm total depth inc. mounts, horizontal portion is around 170mm long.

Decent condition, some glue residue along front edge but should be easy enough to remove.

A nice piece of kit but it doesn't play well with my cable routing and I've only just started on my cycle luggage journey / have not yet ascended to the heights of bar bags :tongue:

Offered for collection from North Oxfordshire but I'm happy to post at your cost.

12x8_IMG_5859a.jpg

12x8_IMG_5413a.jpg

:smile:

Last edited:

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Does this have a third mounting point on the fork crown? This could be very useful but I am not sure how it would work with cantilever brakes.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Does this have a third mounting point on the fork crown? This could be very useful but I am not sure how it would work with cantilever brakes.

Nope - just the two that use the existing cantilever / v-brake mounting bolts. It's a while since I took it off now but I don't think it was fitted with any additional hardware so just used the original fixings as I have nowt left over.. but I can't be 100% sure. I'll take a look in the spares bag when I get a moment ;)

EDIT: Just had a look at the high-res original image and the mounts are just sandwiched between the pivot bolts and their bosses.

Last edited:

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Nope - just the two that use the existing cantilever / v-brake mounting bolts. It's a while since I took it off now but I don't think it was fitted with any additional hardware so just used the original fixings as I have nowt left over.. but I can't be 100% sure. I'll take a look in the spares bag when I get a moment ;)

EDIT: Just had a look at the high-res original image and the mounts are just sandwiched between the pivot bolts and their bosses.

Thanks

Let me have a little ponder on how it will work with my cable setup.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
That rack is intended to have a third fixing to the fork crown. That is what the drilled plate is for. I wouldn't want to put load on it without it.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I do not think it will work unfortunately, sorry.
No worries - thanks for getting back to me :smile:

That rack is intended to have a third fixing to the fork crown. That is what the drilled plate is for. I wouldn't want to put load on it without it.
Cheers - wasn't aware of that. I did wonder about just the two fixings but that's how it came and there were no other obviously missing mounts. I guess you'd mount to the same point as the mudguard..?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
No worries - thanks for getting back to me :smile:

Cheers - wasn't aware of that. I did wonder about just the two fixings but that's how it came and there were no other obviously missing mounts. I guess you'd mount to the same point as the mudguard..?
Here's a similar one.
rack.JPG

Top Bottom