[SOLD] Swap Tektro R559 long reach calipers for something shorter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I have a pair of Tektro R559 calipers which were bought about ten months ago and have seen probably a few hundred miles riding - IOW they're still shiny, the original pads are hardly worn. However the frame they were attached to is no longer roadworthy. They're silver and the fitting is by exposed nut, not recessed allen bolt - i.e. suitable for older frames/forks where the hole is 6mm all the way through.

You have: something that's about as good, but that would be a better fit for my new old frame, which wants a 50mm reach at the front and 53mm at the back.

Trickstar

Veteran
Thread resurrection alert!

Do you still have the brakes?

I've moved the components over from one frame to another but my Tektro 57mm calipers are too short for the new frame. I am in the market for some extra long reach calipers now.

OP
OP
D

Dan B

Disengaged member
Well, that's weird. About four hours before you revived the thread I had a PM from someone else who wants to buy them.

I do still have them, I no longer want to swap them as I've already bought some more suitable for my new old frame, so would gladly accept beer tokens. But I have to give the earlier PM first dibs. Unless that was you too with a different username?

Trickstar

Veteran
I did send a PM but it was after I revived the thread.

I can get a new set from SJS Cycles so it's no biggie if the other chap bags them. Just weird that I'd been scouring Google looking for a set, find some on here, only for someone to have the same idea and beat me to the punch.

Spooky.:eek: :laugh:

OP
OP
D

Dan B

Disengaged member
Sorry, Trickstar, these have now gone elsewhere. Two enquiries on the same day after four months of no interest - what are the odds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom