SOLD: Whyte Cambridge Hybrid 2011 Medium (men's/unisex)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Following an impulsive purchase of N+1, my 2011 Whyte Cambridge Hybrid (in white) is for sale. I've done under 1500 sub/urban miles on it, about 95%+ of which in the dry. I bought it barely used a couple of years ago

In pretty decent condition, but there are a few marks and chips on the matt white paintwork, just one of those things with such a paint finish unfortunately

It looks like this (albeit with a rack and mudguards)...

whyte-cambridge-2011-hybrid-bike.jpg

It's a medium.
Whyte say the medium fits 5'8-5'11 or so (can download size guide here) http://whyte.bike/help/content/2/17/en/whyte-sizing-guide.html. Now I'm a smidge under 5'10 and I find it a bit small for me. It has a mountain bike type geometry, lots of seatpost showing with my long legs!

Full spec

The Whyte Cambridge 2011 Hybrid Bike has a long wheelbase and relaxed head angle for high speed stability, and a shorter stem for excellent slow speed manoeuvrability.

Frame: 6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Custom Drawn, Multi Butted with Custom Whyte
Dropouts
Fork: Bladed Carbon Front Fork, with Double Eyelets and Low Rider Bosses
Front Derailleur: SRAM Apex, 10 Speed
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Apex, 10 Speed
Number of Gears: 20
Shifters: SRAM SL700, 10 Speed
Chainset: SRAM S150
Chainrings: 34/50 tooth Compact
Bottom Bracket: SRAM Power Spline
Cassette: SRAM Apex PG-1050, 11/32 tooth
Chain: SRAM PC-1030, 10 Speed
Pedals: Composite with Alloy Cage and Toe Clip
Front Brake: Tektro Draco, 160mm Rotor
Rear Brake: Tektro Draco, 160mm Rotor
Brake Levers: Tektro Draco
Handlebars: Whyte Ultra Narrow, 31.8mm, 20mm Rise, 580mm Wide
Stem: Whyte, 80mm
Headset: FSA Integrated Road, 1 1/8" Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 41mm Diameter
Grips: Whyte Custom Lock-on
Rims: Alex Race 28, Deep Section Road, 32 Hole Rear and 28 Front
Front Hub: Alloy, Double Sealed Bearing Hub, 28 Hole
Rear Hub: Alloy, Double Sealed Bearing Hub, 32 Hole
Spokes: WTB PG 1.8mm, Black Stainless with Brass Nipples
Saddle: Whyte Custom (men's saddle)

Seatpost: Changed from the original by previous owner (who rode it a couple of times max) to a carbon one, which had been hacked and was too short for me, so changed to an alloy one (I can provide the carbon one if you want it)

Tyres: Changed to 700c*28mm Marathon Plus London Edition

Weight (naked): Approx. 10kg
RRP: £899

Perfect commuter bike with:
a black disc specific Topeak Super tourist rack that takes the slide on bags
Bontrager full length black mudguards
Black flat metal pedals
Whyte bikes come with security skewers, you need a little tool to get the wheels off (which I have)

It's been police security marked
Offers around £275
Cash on Collection from Sutton Surrey. I could feasibly get into central London with it too at some point

Cheers :smile:

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
lots of seatpost showing with my long legs!

Cheers :smile:
@vickster due to the above comment i have an image ^_^

stevevw

Guru
@vickster
Let me have a look in my piggy bank. My wife is asking if a lighter bike would be easier for her, I of course said yes but to be honest I doubt she would notice the difference. ;0)

mythste

Veteran
This would literally be perfect for my better half - If it's still available at the end of August I'll come down and get it myself!

mythste

Veteran
I also appreciate that the chance of such a great deal being available at the end of august is slim to none!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Any sensible offers on this bearing in mind the asking price :smile: otherwise, come September I'll stick it on Gumtree

JMAG

Über Member
These Whyte R7 series bikes are a great ride. I had a test ride on one and it made my 6 week old Trek 7.2 FX disc look so bad I sold it. I didn't buy one as I switched to a road bike and bought used.

GLWTS

Top Bottom