some advice on road bikes needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigguy

I'm considering buying a 'road bike',
I think I'm eligible for the' cycle to work scheme' again in Feb, if my employers will allow me!? They only work through Halfords, but my local halfords are friendly guys and I can order basically any make/model of bike I want and they will get it for me; the only snag being, I can't test ride before I buy! ( this was how I got my claud butler hybrid)..... This is why I want to bank on you guys' experience this time and not buy a 'pig' which I dont like.
My requirements are not all that dramatic..lol..... I want a low end road bike to go out and go further/faster.... say 30-50 mile runs at the weekends, my hybrid will always be the commuter/ workhorse.
I dont think I would go as far as the carbon fibre frames, probably a steel or alu frame would be fine, something in around the £300/£400 mark,
Oh, and I think I'd like to retain a triple chainset as some of the hills round my place are murderous!
Could any of you guys give me some ideas in advance of feb so that I can spend some time browsing around... Many thanks in advance..

one more Q... what do you think of halfords own brand ( carrera) range?

Top Bottom