Some good news for Scottish cyclists.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GBC

Veteran
It's not often that you have complete confidence in politician's promises, but it looks like the Scottish government is putting their money where their mouth is. Looks like it's to be fairly well spread about the country as well, so good on them and while we could always do with more, it's an excellent start.

snorri

Legendary Member
Looks like it's to be fairly well spread about the country as well, .
It may look that way from the Central Belt, I wish I could share your optimism.:sad::sad:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I wonder if they will do anything about getting rid of that awful gravel on the canal towpaths and get a proper surface! (Although probably not for a mere 6 million).

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It's not often that you have complete confidence in politician's promises, but it looks like the Scottish government is putting their money where their mouth is. Looks like it's to be fairly well spread about the country as well, so good on them and while we could always do with more, it's an excellent start.
Some areas are already very good for cycling here in Glasgow. Hampden Park got a revamp for the Olympics, lots of cycling space.
The new sports arena/Celtic Park area have excellent new cycling lanes, very handy for me to go visit my friend in dennistoun from Rutherglen avoiding busy roads.

Top Bottom