Some members on here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
badkitty said:
ps...anyone got a bottle opener....I seem to have mislaid mine...:smile:

Wouldn't it be easier to buy it with a screw top ... :wacko: hic

Noodley

Aye, so you say but wait til tomorrow when you reveal it was all just a 'wind up' and you were having a laugh..

Then Greedo will claim he knew someone would start a thread like this in response to his thread and that all along that had been his intention to highlight just what a great place CC is...

But you a right - I am great...I can understand you not singling me due to not wanting to hurt others; just one of the many wonderful qualities you have :smile:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
MacB said:
MacB is currently trying to transfer music CDs onto his PC with the intent of putting them on his MP3. After a couple of hours he has managed zero success:blush:

Have you turned off the quality filter? Unless you've done that you're always going to struggle to get it to accept your 'Best Of David Soul' and those Jive Bunny CDs. :biggrin:

Cubist

Still wavin'
^^:biggrin:^^

Have you tried highlighting the track files once you've ripped the CD and then dragging and dropping them to your library?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Mock all you like, I deserve it, coz I'm still registering an epic fail. So far:-

CD opens up in windows media player and rips just fine
But it doesn't pick up titles or artists, yes I am connected to net etc
I have manually renamed in WMP and this shows in library but still under the D: drive.
Ejecting the CD removes this and all the changes I've made.
The albums are still on my PC but under the My Music folder and each album has its own folder titled Unknown Album. The tracks themselves are stored as, 01 Track 1.wma
I can click on these and they'll play in WMP no problem, it would take me ages to go through and rename every file and folder.
I've looked at the Options under WMP and messed with a few settings but to no avail. It is currently set to rip as .wma files, should I try another file type?
The MP3 I have plays multi formats so that shouldn't be an issue
I've also tried the online help for WMP but am out of my depth

For anyone offering help, please keep it really simple:biggrin: this is my first ever go at 'ripping' etc and my first MP3.

Oh yeah, I can vouch for the fact that modern kids are great at using technology but useless when it comes to anything that doesn't work as they expect. Though I managed to pull myself back from stopping their pocket money for being unable to help me:ohmy:

yello

badkitty said:
are seriously nice cool people.* And the kind of people I want around me in my best times and my worst. :smile:

Ahhhh....

You be careful though, the aforementionend MacB might post a remarkabley insightful deconstruction of your post and perhaps be closer to the truth than you dare admit!

...but, yes, CC does have a good mix of decent and/or knowledgeable folk... not that the two are necessarily mutually exclusive :thumbsup:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Aha, WMP now working properly, I had been messing with settings elsewhere and had inadvertently made a blanket change to all subfolders and files instead of just the ones I wanted. This had messed up WMP, Outlokk and some others....now fixed:blush:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
MacB said:
Aha, WMP now working properly, I had been messing with settings elsewhere and had inadvertently made a blanket change to all subfolders and files instead of just the ones I wanted. This had messed up WMP, Outlokk and some others....now fixed:blush:

Phew, I can feel the relief flooding through me:evil:

potsy

Rambler
MacB said:
Good news Mac,that means you can finally listen to your 'Cheeky girls' greatest hits again:biggrin:

Top Bottom