Some new trousers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grumpydad

I've just treated myself to a new base layer or what used to be called a vest, an Endura, BaaBaa long sleeve job and very nice it is, The sizing is a bit off, going by their measurements I should have had a medium but knowing how cycle clothing sizing is usually way off I went for the large, and it's a good fit, a medium would be too small, I also decided to get some long trousers, for when I don't fancy the bib tights, again going for Endura, Hummvee ll, although my waist is firmly in the large group my legs aren't, so after reading a few reviews I opted for the medium and they fit like they were made to measure, so a result that I'm very pleased with, went out for nearly 3 hours this afternoon, temperature was pretty cold anyway, plus wind chill I started to feel the cold in the last half hour, But I did buy the trousers for when I'm off road in the forestry so They'll be perfect for that. I really rate Endura kit, I've got an 8 year old pair of their bib shorts that are still going strong, the fs260's might get a new pair for my birthday, anyway that's all. Nos da:okay:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
...decided to get some long trousers, for when I don't fancy the bib tights, again going for Endura, Hummvee ll, although my waist is firmly in the large group my legs aren't, so after reading a few reviews I opted for the medium and they fit like they were made to measure, so a result that I'm very pleased with, went out for nearly 3 hours this afternoon, temperature was pretty cold anyway, plus wind chill I started to feel the cold in the last half hour, But I did buy the trousers for when I'm off road in the forestry so They'll be perfect for that. I really rate Endura kit, I've got an 8 year old pair of their bib shorts that are still going strong, the fs260's might get a new pair for my birthday, anyway that's all. Nos da:okay:
Whereas a couple of months ago I went for the medium to go with my 32" waist but they left me with very cold ankles being an inch or two short as I have a 33" inside leg measurement.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My first pair of bike mitts were Endura. They started to self-destruct about two weeks after I bought them, and they were not cheap either.

BTW, I hold grudges.

Humvees are great, one of my favourite bits of kit, particularly when touring.
yep great for touring - comfortable, good for pockets, tough, protect legs when walking through dodgy areas looking for freecamping spots.

Don't wear so often othertimes though - have a bit of a concern that around town I'll look too old for the look - someone tempted to wear a baseball cap backwards.

freiston

Veteran
I like my Hummvees (version 2 I think) too. I also have some Endura Firefly trousers which I like even more but unfortunately Endura stopped making them years ago. I often think that a cross between the two would be ideal - the styling of the Hummvees in the material of the Firefly - the Firefly material is more like a lightweight regular poly cotton - softer and more like regular trousers (but still quick drying). I prefer the pockets on the Firefly too - the front pockets are not zipped. On both trousers, I find the little pockets near the knee to be next to useless. The Hummvee has a better ankle arrangement for getting rid of the slack.

Saying all that, I do like both of them and regularly wear them. Ideal for occasions where I'll be off the bike as well as on - like utility cycling or social rides with pub calls. Ideal for touring too. I sometimes wear them with padded cycling underpants or even Tudor Sport style York tights underneath in cold weather.

I have worn them round town and didn't have the same concerns as @Blue Hills but the Hummvees do have a hint of "shell suit" to them.

They're not the easiest thing to take a photo of so please excuse this quick attempt that doesn't really capture the differences in material but hopefully illustrates the front pockets:

Firefly:

Hummvee:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Endura is a go-to brand for me too - I have a pair of Singletrack trousers which get regular abuse, plus some shorts that get a bit less use - along wit a variety of jerseys, socks and gloves.

For very cold rides I wear bib tights under the Singletracks.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Humvees for me too.

I agree about the sizing, too. Generous.
I must sell the large pair I bought - they are enormous.

I'm comfortable wearing them on and off the bike; I'm sure no one inspects and judges black trousers on a mature man!

Top Bottom